Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xmas working hours ..

Default xmas working hours ..

tomorrow i wil be driving a bus load of already drunken squaddies to the Altisidora pub in Bishop Burton East Yorkshire for their xmas meal and further drinking ,, its a Marstons real ale pub as i remember .. popular with students from the college next door .. its named after a famous racehorse or something .. anyway they'll be in there for about 5 hours before i return to collect them .. meanwhile i'll be sitting in me bus in a layby with the engine running .. destroying the planet and dressed as Santa Clause .. if i dont get a decent tip i'll be well pissed off .. will be getting more stocks of Owd Roger on me credit card if all else fails .. anyway .. happy xmas ..

Quote Originally Posted by micky1234 View Post
    Owd Roger
    Guess what? Iam drinking it right now. Superb and dangerously drinkable!

I worked in pub on Xmas day from 12pm to 3pm many years ago. No complaints as I was allowed to drink alcohol while working (usually punters paying me drinks!)

good to hear you'r a devotee too .. am running dangerously low .. a mere few sips left of current stock .. going to have tomake do with the scrapings of some Gaymers old english cider whilst sitting through whatevers on the tv tonight .. just hope the Santa suit still fits ..

Gaymers old english cider whilst sitting through whatevers on the tv tonight .. just hope the Santa suit still fits ..
    Iam running low on Owd Roger as well.. Luckily I got 4 cans of Old Somerset Cider in fridge plus a bottle of Southern Comfort.

Get excercise before putting on santa suit..

Default spritzer swallower ??

what happened to my previous "teetotal" legend ? "spritzer swallower sounds too wrong on many levels .. " glass half empty " is more me ...

I'll be open from 12.30 on the big day - til 3pm, when M-I-Laws turkey needs my attention. Great fun - spot the christmas pressie is my game of choice, last years winner was a pair of socks that looked like 2 pints of Guinness. The bloke pulled up his trouser leg to show us, and the locals made sure it didn't come back down again until he left the building!

... a bus load of already drunken squaddies to the Altisidora pub in Bishop Burton East Yorkshire for their xmas meal and further drinking .. its named after a famous racehorse or something
    it is named after a very famous racehorse, its picture is on the pub sign , I remember going on a brewery trip with some sailors, unfortunately some were so drunk they couldn't get off the bus.

Owd Roger
    I used to drink the stuff on draught many years ago, brilliant but dangerous. Even the pub I drank it in has been demolished now.

I am working over Christmas and will have to remain dry until the 28th

Roll on Hogmanay

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Ha, not working at all, off to daughter's Christmas Day, champagne breakfast I'm told, it's a start

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I am leaving the wife and kids sort the xmas stuff out, i will be reporting to PG on a pub tour of open places in Eccleshall; unless of course, the wife logs onto PG as well, in which case, i am cooking Xams dinner
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    it is named after a very famous racehorse, its picture is on the pub sign , I remember going on a brewery trip with some sailors, unfortunately some were so drunk they couldn't get off the bus.

I used to drink the stuff on draught many years ago, brilliant but dangerous. Even the pub I drank it in has been demolished now.

I am working over Christmas and will have to remain dry until the 28th

Roll on Hogmanay
    I'm never getting a barrel of it if thats what happens when you vent it a little early!