Ads not shown when logged in
Page 65 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

This is absolute rubbish. Newer outlets tend to charge more for the food clubs and of course they include a "free" drink which varies in price as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the prices quoted are the old ones prior to the new spring menu. I get the impression that the way they work is that if something isn't selling they'll knock the price down within limits until it sells. I had a great breakfast today in their Seaham outlet in Co Durham at 31p less than the standard £3.30. It had a more generous helping of baked beans and extra bacon but that was probably because one rasher was frazzled which I don't mind. The 6.5% Sheps festival ale at under two quid washed it down a treat.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    To help my dad knock off some of the last few he needs to do I've agreed to drive him this route https://goo.gl/maps/hRqPqxYyJu82 to bag the South West five he needs to do. 5 pubs on a Saturday doesn't help boost my numbers much given only 4 will be new but it's a long day and a challenge....
    Well that was an interesting day due to the M5 being a car park at Exeter and the back way though Exeter being even more of a car park. I don't think I'll take him to Scotland to do 19 new ones any time soon...

Did do the http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/4564/ which is a quality pub.

Well that was an interesting day due to the M5 being a car park at Exeter and the back way though Exeter being even more of a car park. I don't think I'll take him to Scotland to do 19 new ones any time soon...

Did do the http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/4564/ which is a quality pub.

As someone doing the grand tour entirely by public transport albeit on the cheap with advance rail tickets, a Senile railcard and free buses in England I find your experience quite heartening! I spent hours today just going to two in Cheshire but got my reward in the Wolverhampton Great Western.
    I have to admit I have cheated once when out of desperation I got a cab from Tredegar to Abertillery.
    Parts of Scotland are a nightmare notably the three Borders ones, Oban, Fort William, Wick and Fraserburgh.

The Blue Anchor is still a fantastic pub but for me the beer is far too sweet and nothing to write home about.

Default JDW 2017 Diretory

I picked up one of these today I've occasionally got mildly annoyed on this site due to data clashes between post codes and county boundaries but that is paled into insignificance by the howler they've made in this document. The most recent addition to their estate is the Swan and Angel in Cambridgeshire. This has been listed under Cornwall so I'm sure the less geographically challenged will realise that the town is St Ives.
    There are also various closed ones included and an unannounced one at Midsomer Norton in Somerset.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    and an unannounced one at Midsomer Norton in Somerset.
    The Midsomer Norton one has been looming for years but nothing has transpired yet. Bats, licencing and an access issue are a few of the hurdles I've recall spotting when I've been tracking the progress of it opening or lack of opening, so I could take my dad to it.

The Midsomer Norton one has been looming for years but nothing has transpired yet. Bats, licencing and an access issue are a few of the hurdles I've recall spotting when I've been tracking the progress of it opening or lack of opening, so I could take my dad to it.
    Yes, I found all the stories about it. The question is whether including it in the new directory is a simple error or if there is actually some real progress with it.
    I've just noticed tonight that they've considerably extended the Pub Histories section on their site.

This Space For Hire

according to Boak and Bailley,blog the first Wetherspoon pub to get in the GBG was Dick,s Bar London n8.Surprisingly in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    according to Boak and Bailley,blog the first Wetherspoon pub to get in the GBG was Dick,s Bar London n8.Surprisingly in 1983.
    I can't dispute that having looked through the 1982 GBG and finding nothing. I've not been to any of the former JDWs in the Tottenham and surrounding area apart from ones recently closed.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Corporate banking giants Deutsche Bank have revealed the best cities in the world to live in.
    Shockingly Blaenau Gwent in Wales doesn’t feature on the list, despite the fact that it has the most Wetherspoons per person of anywhere in the world. I can only assume the banking colossus was using some other metric to work out what made a place desirable.
    http://www.unilad.co.uk/life/these-a...-in-the-world/

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Corporate banking giants Deutsche Bank have revealed the best cities in the world to live in.
    Shockingly Blaenau Gwent in Wales doesn’t feature on the list, despite the fact that it has the most Wetherspoons per person of anywhere in the world. I can only assume the banking colossus was using some other metric to work out what made a place desirable.
    http://www.unilad.co.uk/life/these-a...-in-the-world/

"According to Business Insider they were actually checking the quality of life by crowd souring incredibly boring information
    "

Never trust a spill chequer
    I drink to make others more interesting