Ads not shown when logged in
Page 59 of 146 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

In addition to the latest list of closures the Tyburn at Marble Arch has gone. Apparently the whole block is due to be demolished and redeveloped. This is one JDW I certainly won't miss.

Breaking news, Aqualung has rated a JDW lower than me, I need a re-think .
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Breaking news, Aqualung has rated a JDW lower than me, I need a re-think .
    I marginally thought this was the best of the three but the higher prices knocked it back. I really couldn't understand how nobody had given the Nag's Head a 10. It's very basic but that's a plus for me!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I marginally thought this was the best of the three but the higher prices knocked it back. I really couldn't understand how nobody had given the Nag's Head a 10. It's very basic but that's a plus for me!
    A lot of the pubs famous for good beer and lots of handpumps seem to ignore the interiors.Seems to be if its successful why change. I found it very basic and still give it an 8.Bumping into Moby and Steve there did not did not influence my low rating.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    A lot of the pubs famous for good beer and lots of handpumps seem to ignore the interiors.Seems to be if its successful why change. I found it very basic and still give it an 8.Bumping into Moby and Steve there did not did not influence my low rating.
    Nor enhance it.
    -W.C.Fields

-W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

On voting day he may need to delay opening the whole estate to give the customers he'll be speaking to a chance to go and vote if he wants to see any benefit for his efforts.....

He's already hacked off a load of punters by dropping the Sunday "roasts". and if the polls are correct he's potentially hacking off half his customers although I suspect that most of them whatever their view will completely ignore it. What he is doing is as dodgy as the "unbiased" leaflet sent through the post by the government. Surely what he is doing should be counted as expenditure for the exit side? More importantly what do the staff who have to deliver all this propaganda to the punters make of it all especially when their own outlet may get closed down at short notice.

This Space For Hire

He's preaching to the converted to some extent. Most of his daytime customers, the ones most likely to read the mag, fit the Leave demographic perfectly. The younger evening crowd are more likely to be in the Remain camp but I doubt many are aware there even is a magazine. I do feel for his staff, especially those who get to work here courtesy of the EU. Their employer doesn't want them working here, but, in London at least, couldn't operate without them.

It's his ball.....