Ads not shown when logged in
Page 53 of 145 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Here's something JDW sent out about the hack

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/contac...er-data-breach

This Space For Hire

The £4 JDW pint is in sight. £3.99 for a admittedly very nice 4 point pint of W&E Knight of the Garter on Victoria Station this evening. I'd got a Camra voucher so was charged £3.49. I asked if they'd mis-keyed the voucher on the till. Ho hum.

It's going some when a pint of session strength bitter in a JDW is dearer than Wifebeater in the SSP station bars.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    The £4 JDW pint is in sight. £3.99 for a admittedly very nice 4 point pint of W&E Knight of the Garter on Victoria Station this evening. I'd got a Camra voucher so was charged £3.49. I asked if they'd mis-keyed the voucher on the till. Ho hum.

It's going some when a pint of session strength bitter in a JDW is dearer than Wifebeater in the SSP station bars.
    The Victoria JDW is famous as the most expensive in London. My local one told me on Monday that the prices are going up on Wednesday despite a 5p increase on real ales in October.

This Space For Hire

My mate Fred who drinks in the Wembley spoons told me they charge£2.40 for Ruddles but when there is an event on at Wembley stadium they charge £3.60.I never thought to ask him how much they charge for good beer.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    My mate Fred who drinks in the Wembley spoons told me they charge£2.40 for Ruddles but when there is an event on at Wembley stadium they charge £3.60.I never thought to ask him how much they charge for good beer.
    From my own experience of the selection offered in this particular branch, it's probably not a question that arises very often...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    From my own experience of the selection offered in this particular branch, it's probably not a question that arises very often...
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    My local one told me on Monday that the prices are going up on Wednesday despite a 5p increase on real ales in October.
    The guest ales have risen by 5p a pint as well as food, notably the clubs by 10-20p. I don't know if this is throughout their estate but will get a clue on Friday.
    Two price rises in a few months is unprecedented and given all their outlets up for sale you have to suspect there may be a problem. I went to their new Mossy Well in N10 a week or two ago and on a Saturday afternoon it was busy but not packed unlike others in the Midlands and North I've visited on a Saturday afternoon. I can't help thinking they ate going overboard with the refurbishment cost of their new outlets.

"was closed last night after a diner complained"
    http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Weath...ail/story.html
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "was closed last night after a diner complained"
    http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Weath...ail/story.html
    This sounds far fetched to me. Why was the diner holding the chip in his hand? Rats usually shy away from humans although years ago one did once appear in here. One of the regulars tried to stamp on it and it tried to bite him! Pest control sorted it out, there was a gap where a rat could enter the building.

Default Another Spoons Price increase coming?

This is wholly speculation at the moment The JDW Spring Festival is early this year in March and there is a poster up in my local one. It says Festival beers are £2.19. The current Standard Guest Price here is £2.15 and normally Festival prices are one or two rungs below that. This must imply that there is another price increase coming in the next month meaning there will have been three in under six months. Someone told me that JDW had been whingeing about the living wage but that they were not going to increase their prices as a result. That hardly stands up to scrutiny!
    Even if this is not speculation my local JDW would still be miles cheaper than the opposition, but that isn't the case in other areas especially in the Midlands and North.