Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 145 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Two of the Wetherspoons I go in have Marked & Signed children's areas But these are the only areas where you don't see family's or Kids.? Instead they always seem too go in the quiet Part. Or should I say the Part thats supposed too be the quiet Part thats done out like a library then they deliberately screech and jumping of the tables disturbing me I'm sure of it.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

The Punch Bowl in York has tweeted:

“Due to a new company wide ale offer, we will now be running Ale Wednesdays (pints from £2.10) and CAMRA Sundays (50p discount with card.)”

Don't see anything on the JDW website, anyone care to confirm this?

The strange thing is Four out of Six Spoons we went in on our Wetherspoons Crawl were selling All guest Ales at £2.00 a Pint as a Managers Special offer on Friday Afternoon/Evening.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Must be JDW giving their managers permission to do what they need to bring folks in for a "dead day offer" if different outlets doing different things on different days.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

This Space For Hire

Grauniad today

It'll be this pub I expect

"We all have that road to travel, and they know that at the pub chain JD Wetherspoon. That's why it has been pondering events prompted by the entry policies adopted by one of its pubs in north London. The pub sits close to the offices of the Irish Traveller Movement in Britain. And as that organisation held its annual conference, someone briefed pub security staff to ensure the ambiance was not unduly affected by an invading horde. Travellers get that a lot. And so when a thirsty party left the conference, they indeed discovered that there was no room for "large groups" at the inn. But now that seems a strategic mistake. For among those barred was a police inspector who acts as the head of diversity at Cheshire constabulary, a solicitor and a member of the Law Society. Legal action will follow, we are told. Might have been easier to let them have that drink."
    Last edited by NickDavies; 25-11-2011 at 09:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Rasputins is no suprise as Pussycats nightclub now opens early and has free entry before 10 , the Dun Cow was a suprise , its always been the dossers pub and pretty busy because Wellington is full of them , the White Lion tried its hand at being a real ale pub and failed dismally (TT Landlord on if you were lucky), its been up for sale for a bit now , but whos going to buy a rundown pub 100yds from a new JDW
    Apparantly the White Lion has been bought by Darwin Inns and will be reopened after a refurb with 5 handpumps selling Salopian beers.

Good news for Wellington for once.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Apparantly the White Lion has been bought by Darwin Inns and will be reopened after a refurb with 5 handpumps selling Salopian beers.

Good news for Wellington for once.
    Darwin Inns have got a few pubs now , the only one i have been in is the Foresters in Madley , much preferred the old dark wood interior , the new look is like walking into IKEA world , but the beer is decent , 4 pulls 2 Salopian and 2 guests , only real problem is its the other side of the hill from the All Nations knackering walk

They have also got Smokey Joes (Sutherland Arms) in Muxton , keep meaning to visit but i rarely go that way these days now the Champion Jockey has gone

3 decent beer pubs is still pretty poor for a town Wellingtons size (the new JDW isnt to bad either) but at least its a step in the right direction
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This Space For Hire

Joke in the Grauniad

Chap meets an old school mate and asks what he is up to these days. "I'm a cook," he says, "I make food and serve drink to the lost, the wretched, the drunk, and those who have nowhere else to go."

"So you work in a soup kitchen?" says the friend.

"No, Wetherspoons."

Default 1600

"50 more pubs this year, taking the total to around 900."
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...n-6291494.html
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire