Ads not shown when logged in
Page 112 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1447

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I haven't checked the pubs listed, but pretty sure the Spoons web site has a bit about the history of each pub which would have saved this intrepid journalist from having to delve deep within dusty archives...
    To be fair to the hack, not all Kent outlets have one of those pub histories. It's just possible that the author may have actually visited them all.
    Kent JDWs have proved resilient with only two closures (Dartford & Sittingbourne) and the Sittingbourne closure came soon after the opening of a new , presumably Freehold outlet in a better location nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "We've delved deep into the archives to find out"
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/ne...before-217918/
    Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I haven't checked the pubs listed, but pretty sure the Spoons web site has a bit about the history of each pub which would have saved this intrepid journalist from having to delve deep within dusty archives...
    For the Kent Messenger (rightly or wrongly notorious in these parts for various reasons), this is a good, well-illustrated feature that will rightly catch the attention of people who wouldn't otherwise become aware of some interesting pub histories.

This Space For Hire

Wetherspoons to create 10,000 new jobs over four years in huge £200m expansion

"...new pubs in Bourne in Lincolnshire; Waterford in Ireland; Hamilton in Scotland; Ely in Cambridgeshire; Diss in Norfolk; Felixstowe in Suffolk; Newport Pagnell in Buckinghamshire; and Prestatyn in North Wales"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/break...0-new-21062379

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Wetherspoons to create 10,000 new jobs over four years in huge £200m expansion

"...new pubs in Bourne in Lincolnshire; Waterford in Ireland; Hamilton in Scotland; Ely in Cambridgeshire; Diss in Norfolk; Felixstowe in Suffolk; Newport Pagnell in Buckinghamshire; and Prestatyn in North Wales"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/break...0-new-21062379

Galway will be a real pig to get to. I don't even know where Hamilton is but assume it's somewhere in Scotland's populous central area.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Galway will be a real pig to get to. I don't even know where Hamilton is but assume it's somewhere in Scotland's populous central area.
    Clyde valley just a bit south east of Glasgow, it's a bit of post industrial disaster area and not particularly pleasant. probably its only claim to fame is being near the birthplace of David Livingstone of "Dr Livingstone I presume" fame. Remarkably there is one pub there in the 2020 GBG.

Galway will be a real pig to get to.
    Piece of cake. Car to Holyhead, fast ferry to Dun Laoghaire, night in Dublin then drive across to Galway and stay in the Jury's Inn for a couple of nights
    and call in Limerick for a couple of nights on the way back.

That's what we did anyway.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Piece of cake. Car to Holyhead, fast ferry to Dun Laoghaire, night in Dublin then drive across to Galway and stay in the Jury's Inn for a couple of nights
    and call in Limerick for a couple of nights on the way back.

That's what we did anyway.
    Errrr, I don't drive. I have been to Galway nearly 40 years ago. It wasn't my favourite place in Ireland.

Errrr, I don't drive. I have been to Galway nearly 40 years ago. It wasn't my favourite place in Ireland.
    Not mine either. I much prefer Limerick, Cork and Sligo.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I don't drive either now so:, train to Holyhead, Ferry to Dun Laoghaire, DART / LUAS to Dublin Heuston, Intercity to Galway. Dublin - Galway is about 2 1/2 Hours.

https://www.irishrail.ie/ has a journey planner like our National Rail Enquiries one.

Galway is much better than it was - I like it nowadays.