Ads not shown when logged in
Page 111 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1447

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    A bowl of chopped fruit is an option on the PRINTED breakfast menus. It consists of apple slices, chopped banana, blueberries and one or two sliced strawberries. I've had it several times and enjoyed it. It costs about the same as scrambled egg on toast. The same thing is available as a dessert but with ice cream. Kiddies who had a Spoons meal would get given a bag of fruit to take away.
    Same on the app, I've just had a look now it's available. There's no option for an unpeeled anything at any time of day. Indeed I suspect the prepared fruit options come pre-packed, and most JDW kitchen staff would be stumped if asked to peel a banana.

Hence my suspicion this was an inside job - looks like the sort of thing you can only do on the tills.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 25-11-2019 at 11:27.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Same on the app, I've just had a look now it's available. There's no option for an unpeeled anything at any time of day. Indeed I suspect the prepared fruit options come pre-packed, and most JDW kitchen staff would be stumped if asked to peel a banana.
    They must be the sane as the prepared bags and plastic containers of fruit in Tesco. You'd think the fruit would deteriorate but the apples are always fresh and crisp plus the bananas never seem bruised. The strawberries are a more recent addition and may be a result of being a garnish for one of the gins.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Hence my suspicion this was an inside job - looks like the sort of thing you can only do on the tills.
    Surely certainty? I can't come to any other conclusion. The food operation is virtually over at 22:00, while the bar staff would probably be busy.

This Space For Hire

I meant to post this one the other day: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...im-Martin.html

Note his declared intention to be there for another 40 years - that would make him around 104!!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Just Missed the Round

I suppose it at least makes a refreshing change from pretending to be remorseful after the event...

Can't help thinking there may have been more than alcohol running through his system though.

It wasn't me your honour!!
    That one at Cantom is a real drinking den. They only do a limited menu and I felt quite out of place with a Fish Friday.

This Space For Hire

A drunken idiot in a 'spoons??? Perhaps he's done us all a favour, given that Christmas runs from 25th December to 5th January - I'm sick of it already.

Humbug!

"drunken idiot" more like dick head, but then again its Spoons.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

"We've delved deep into the archives to find out"
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/ne...before-217918/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "We've delved deep into the archives to find out"
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/ne...before-217918/
    I haven't checked the pubs listed, but pretty sure the Spoons web site has a bit about the history of each pub which would have saved this intrepid journalist from having to delve deep within dusty archives...