Ads not shown when logged in
Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1447

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Oh come on it's obviously not a serious project, he made it for a laugh. Large pinch of salt and all that.

I wouldn't have posted it if I thought everyone would get all po-faced.
    Yeah, but surely a joke has a funny bit somewhere.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Exactly, it's a very odd way of looking at drinking for "normal" people. Perhaps the data could be used to produce a mapping of the banding used by JDW in structuring its pricing in various places, if I have time I might look at pricing between JDWs in the same city or adjacent towns, arguably of more use.
    Indeed. I was surprised just how cheap the IKB in Portsmouth was when compared to a typical London 'spoons, but the disparity between Portsmouth and London pubs is nothing like as great.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Oh come on it's obviously not a serious project, he made it for a laugh. Large pinch of salt and all that.

I wouldn't have posted it if I thought everyone would get all po-faced.
    At the risk of being po-faced I clocked onto Bengali as being good value years ago and still occasionally order two cans and a pint glass if I don't care for any of the guest ales. His findings don't take into account the multi-buy option of three cans of 5.6% Black Sheep Pathmaker for a fiver which is roughly a litre or two short pint measures. It doesn't account for higher abv guests either. I was happy as Larry today in Glasgow's Hengler's Circus knocking back pints of Oakham Green Devil at £2.25. Glaswegians seem to have the taste for this beer as it seems to be a regular in the State Bar across the road and in the smaller JDW near Glasgow Central.

This Space For Hire

Saw a food programme today where they were trying to save money.They looked at a Mcspoons in Liverpool where fish and chips were £9.50 but the bargain hunter took them on a 6 minute walk to another Mc spoons where the same meal deal was £6.95.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Saw a food programme today where they were trying to save money.They looked at a Mcspoons in Liverpool where fish and chips were £9.50 but the bargain hunter took them on a 6 minute walk to another Mc spoons where the same meal deal was £6.95.
    I bet the expensive one was the Lime Street station based North Western. The typical; going rate for Fish Friday is now just under £7.50 which includes an alcoholic drink which can be Punk IPA. My recollection of Liverpool City Centre Spoons is that the food prices are fairly standard. I'll find out next week!

"have won a reprieve after being among 16 put up for sale by the national pub chain in March"
    https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...-open-in-wick/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "have won a reprieve after being among 16 put up for sale by the national pub chain in March"
    I'm really pleased to hear that as for anyone with an eye on going around them all it is challenging! I very much doubt if I'll ever return there.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    The word is that the Peebles and Hawick outlets are also no longer for sale. This Hartlepool outlet has been sold to Tees Inns so is no longer a JDW. The Captain Alexander in Liverpool James Street id now open.

"National pub chain JD Wetherspoon has today revealed to LeicestershireLive"
    https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/w...b-last-3175839
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"