Ads not shown when logged in
Page 45 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The Organ Grinder pub is a Blue Monkey pub and I am sure most of us like their beer.They have 8 of their own beers and a guest.I know someone who complained about the guest which now seems to be permanent Doombar.The manager replied that its their second best selling beer.Its not for me but normals actually like it.
    It might be just the price, some of the BM beers are quite strong making them expensive for the area and of course some people just won't drink stronger beers. When I went to the Loughborough one last Autumn the guest was Bateman's XB which seemed to be generally a popular beer up there and was cheaper then the Blue Monkey beers.
    There are a significant number of people who go to the William in Leyton and will only drink the Bethnal Green which is Brodie's only boring brown beer.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It might be just the price, some of the BM beers are quite strong making them expensive for the area and of course some people just won't drink stronger beers. When I went to the Loughborough one last Autumn the guest was Bateman's XB which seemed to be generally a popular beer up there and was cheaper then the Blue Monkey beers.
    There are a significant number of people who go to the William in Leyton and will only drink the Bethnal Green which is Brodie's only boring brown beer.
    No its because they like the taste.I had to drink it when I was in Devon this year as practically every pub had it.Its for people who don't like much flavour in their beer.I thought it was rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    No its because they like the taste.I had to drink it when I was in Devon this year as practically every pub had it.Its for people who don't like much flavour in their beer.I thought it was rubbish.
    Oh dear, you have my sympathy!! If I were to go to Devon it would be for the cider mostly, and I believe that despite other claims Devon is the cider capital of the UK. I don't know the county that well but it always seemed like that to me!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Oh dear, you have my sympathy!! If I were to go to Devon it would be for the cider mostly, and I believe that despite other claims Devon is the cider capital of the UK. I don't know the county that well but it always seemed like that to me!
    Cider =battery acid to me but I did bring some bottled cider home which was pretty good.I didn't see much cider around other than the commercial stuff.And I didn't see a lot of interesting local beers .Doombar seemed to be the beer of choice .The landlords choice probably.

Default Mexican Mondays

They've started a new club called Mexican Mondays. I'm glad to say this hasn't replaced Cheapskate Monday where the guests are around 20p a pint cheaper. I have to say I would have preferred a Chinese or Italian club but I might give it a go.
    I had my first festival ale today and it was Titanic Wit Stout (5%). It was outstanding and at £1.99 on Cheapskate Monday all the better!

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

More bloody waiting then while the coffee & ladies who lunch faff around trying to make their bloody mids up
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Guardian fascinated by Wetherspoon’s breakfasts

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-2015031796347

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Guardian fascinated by Wetherspoon’s breakfasts

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-2015031796347
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Went into Wibbas Down yesterday.20 handpumps with coming soon but they had a stillage with about 25 beers that have been on for 5 days..Tried 3 x 1/3 all filthy condition.What a wasted journey.I was not amused.