Ads not shown when logged in
Page 77 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Hence this tweeted this morning
    "JDWetherspoon Regal Moon Rochdale supporting their poppies. Over £300 raised so far @jdwtweet"
    Attachment 1525

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Beat me to it, I was going to post about the spoof fake news
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Default Closures continue

The Isaac Wilson in Middlesborough is now closed and it has been announced that the only Crewe outlet the Gaffers Row will close. There are still plenty of outlets up for sale although some of these are already closed. These can be viewed at this site.
    I've no idea why all these places are closing but my guess is that the increases in the minimum wage had tipped these places over the edge, but surely that would affect other pub chains?
    I can't help thinking that there is something of a Vanity Project element in some of the new outlets. They built their empire by opening basic outlets in shops and other places that were never that grand but were cheap.
    There is a rumour that the relatively new Caley Picture House in Edinburgh may be up for sale but it IS just a rumour.

EDIT:
    They seem to have removed the disposal site linked above, it's now a site for getting rid of old white goods!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 01-11-2017 at 09:55.

Default Coffee and Tea

For some while JDW have had unlimited Filter Coffee refills until 14:00 in their outlets. They now do all day unlimited refills of tea and any coffee via self service machines as well as the Filter Coffee. The price has been increased to £1.40, probably to cater for Philistines like me who once got through 5 Filter Coffees with a breakfast on a hot July morning in the Highbury White Swan when going for a mid morning train.
    The new machines are easy to use even for a Luddite like me being no more complicated than using a bank beer token machine.
    After waiting for a long food order to go through at the excellent Plymouth Britannia yesterday I jokingly said that at least you don't have to wait behind coffee orders any more. The barman agreed but pointed out that there were still hot chocolate orders!
    You can now go to a JDW for up to 18 hours drinking tea and coffee for just £1.40.
    Would I have a go at that?? No, it's not my cup of tea.

This Space For Hire

Bloke on out the streets: "Can you spare 20p for a cup of tea guv?"
    Sarcastic bastard: "If you can find a cup of tea for 20p..."

I suppose now we can do "here's £1.40 for seven cups of tea. And you can enjoy Mr Martin's heat and light all day too."

An excellent idea, I know of several in our town who will be glad of the offer, and no, I am not joking.

Default Mr Mullet is off on one again.

Now he's having half a million beer mats printed with the "Wetherspoons Manifesto". His attention to detail is so brilliant that he doesn't even know how many pubs are currently in the chain. He says it's 895 excluding Eire but I did a count last night and made it 889 INCLUDING Eire, so his total should have been 884. There are still some more to close, more than new ones opening.
    If you can't sleep tonight you can read all about it here, it's much more effective than a sleeping pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Now he's having half a million beer mats printed with the "Wetherspoons Manifesto". His attention to detail is so brilliant that he doesn't even know how many pubs are currently in the chain. He says it's 895 excluding Eire but I did a count last night and made it 889 INCLUDING Eire, so his total should have been 884. There are still some more to close, more than new ones opening.
    If you can't sleep tonight you can read all about it here, it's much more effective than a sleeping pill.
    He should stick to running drinking establishments.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Mullet man is on Desert Island Discs - and worth a listen, one of their better guests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09h0bkl

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Mullet man is on Desert Island Discs - and worth a listen, one of their better guests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09h0bkl
    "some of our bar staff are quite grumpy"