Ads not shown when logged in
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,171 to 1,179 of 1179

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

  1. #1171
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Anyone heard of the 'neverspoons' app, which supposedly finds a decent independent near to your wetherspoons? Just had a msg from pal in Beeston saying it worked. Mind you, not hard to find excellent pubs in Beeston...

    This is what I found online, not tried it:
    https://neverspoons.app/
    It's the one for those people who said they would boycott 'spoons in future even though they never used 'spoons in the past. Probably a bit too common for them; full of the lower orders and old codgers.
    There are many diseases,
    that strike people's kneeses,
    Covid19! is one by name
    It comes from the East
    Packed in bladders of yeast
    So the Chinese must take half the blame.

    Apologies to Spike Milligan

  2. #1172
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    It's the one for those people who said they would boycott 'spoons in future even though they never used 'spoons in the past. Probably a bit too common for them; full of the lower orders and old codgers.
    ...or a drain on cash which could be better spent propping up real pubs.

  3. #1173
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,974
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  4. #1174
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    508
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

  5. #1175
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    My Wetherspoons App suggests to me there is a shortage of Greene King beers and Doombar in Timbo's outlets, should I worry? Lasr weeek it was guest beers.
    There are many diseases,
    that strike people's kneeses,
    Covid19! is one by name
    It comes from the East
    Packed in bladders of yeast
    So the Chinese must take half the blame.

    Apologies to Spike Milligan

  6. #1176
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    4,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    My Wetherspoons App suggests to me there is a shortage of Greene King beers and Doombar in Timbo's outlets, should I worry? Lasr weeek it was guest beers.
    I don't have a Wetherspoons App and very unlikely to ever want one.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  7. #1177
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I don't have a Wetherspoons App and very unlikely to ever want one.
    You may be lucky where you live and drink, the North is a different country and Scotland even more so. (Basingstoke excepted)
    There are many diseases,
    that strike people's kneeses,
    Covid19! is one by name
    It comes from the East
    Packed in bladders of yeast
    So the Chinese must take half the blame.

    Apologies to Spike Milligan

  8. #1178
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "Wetherspoons workers have been urged by the company’s owner"
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/24/wethe...isis-12447096/
    If you haven't been into a 'spoons since the lockdown was eased, the Summer 2020 version of Wetherspoon News contains some very robust responses about what was said (or not said) by Timbo back in March and how it was (mis)reported in the national newspapers - some of which have since apologised, at least in part - and by several politicians.

  9. #1179
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    If you haven't been into a 'spoons since the lockdown was eased, the Summer 2020 version of Wetherspoon News contains some very robust responses about what was said (or not said) by Timbo back in March and how it was (mis)reported in the national newspapers - some of which have since apologised, at least in part - and by several politicians.
    He can say whatever he wants, burnt his boats with me long ago.

Similar Threads

  1. Sad News: Arwkrite
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-11-2009, 21:46
  2. Good news for a change !!
    By Delboy20 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 09:04
  3. Pub news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 22:47

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •