Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
"your recent announcement that beer prices would be cut further has caused significant"
https://www.siba.co.uk/2019/09/10/si...n-beer-prices/
A load of fuss over nothing.

If I go into a Wetherspoon pub I'm not going to order Ruddles just because it is cheaper. Nor am I going to abandon other pubs and other breweries (craft or otherwise) just to save a bit of cash.

This really is just a marketing gimmick, and it has worked as people are talking about it. The only people it will really benefit are those who crawl into their local JDW at 9am and sit drinking the same beer, pint after pint, all day long. But in my experience most of those customers tend to be on the lager anyway. If a handful of customers are happy to drink Ruddles all night long then why do we have to be outraged that they can now do it a bit cheaper? If they're the kind of customer who buys beer based purely on price then chances are they are already in Wetherspoons anyway so are not going to be depriving other establishments of their custom as a result of this. I fail to see how anyone is getting hurt by this.