Ads not shown when logged in
Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Just one last word before we leave the wonderful world of Geography Galore and return to Timbo's magic Kingdom,

YorksLancs.jpg

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Just one last word before we leave the wonderful world of Geography Galore and return to Timbo's magic Kingdom,

YorksLancs.jpg
    I shoudn't laugh - it's serious stuff.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It looks like the Captain Alexander near Liverpool's James Street Station will be the first new JDW of the year this May. No news on the Glasgow Central Station outlet but they could do a Barrel Vaults and open it really quickly. In Eire Carlow and the new Dublin hotel could come in summer or autumn and one at Diss in Norfolk is predicted for autumn.
    The lease expires on both the Kiddermisnter Penny Black and the Baron Of Hinckley in September. Either could close at any time.
    Further to the above, it seems there are actually two new outlets opening in Dublin City this year. The Silver Penny in Lower Abbey Street (NE of O' Connell Bridge) is a church conversion and projected opening date is currently May. The bigger project is the Keavan's Port Hotel which is a new build hotel and pub in Camden Street which is less than a mile SSW from O' Connell Bridge. This is projected for opening in the summer (possibly July). None of the four current "County Dublin" outlets are anywhere near the centre of Dublin but I bet they will be charging "city" prices.

Default Baron Cadogan going.

It looks like the Baron Cadogan in Caversham is on the way out.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commerci...-69596401.html

As it's being advertised now one assumes that it will remain as a JDW until someone signs up for a new lease. You have to wonder how many other smaller Leasehold outlets could be under threat.

This Space For Hire

Default Dewsbury in trouble

Did we miss this news? (Unlike the car driver)

Anyone know if it is still closed?
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Did we miss this news? (Unlike the car driver)

Does the insurance company of the driver get stung for loss of takings from a spoons until it reopens as well as fixing the pub. That'll be an expensive renewal....

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I suspect it will be closed for a few months. Depending on a building survey JDW then have to get their building team in to do the work and they already have major commitments in Eire and with hotel works. If it's a leasehold building I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them just give up on it.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Does the insurance company of the driver get stung for loss of takings from a spoons until it reopens as well as fixing the pub. That'll be an expensive renewal....
    His third party cover (minus his excess...) should pay for it all. Looks like he was no spring chicken, he'll probably do a D of E so renewal won't be an issue.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    His third party cover (minus his excess...) should pay for it all. Looks like he was no spring chicken, he'll probably do a D of E so renewal won't be an issue.
    What, sun in his eyes?
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

I was in one of my local Wetherspoons last week in Hounslow.Looking round couldn't see much cask beer on the tables but they have a board that tells you how many pints they sold of cask.2154 which is pretty impressive for a pub in a mostly Asian community.Best week ever was in 2013 with 2965.Probably the week Aqualung visited.