Ads not shown when logged in
Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1447

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "your recent announcement that beer prices would be cut further has caused significant"
    https://www.siba.co.uk/2019/09/10/si...n-beer-prices/
    A load of fuss over nothing.

If I go into a Wetherspoon pub I'm not going to order Ruddles just because it is cheaper. Nor am I going to abandon other pubs and other breweries (craft or otherwise) just to save a bit of cash.

This really is just a marketing gimmick, and it has worked as people are talking about it. The only people it will really benefit are those who crawl into their local JDW at 9am and sit drinking the same beer, pint after pint, all day long. But in my experience most of those customers tend to be on the lager anyway. If a handful of customers are happy to drink Ruddles all night long then why do we have to be outraged that they can now do it a bit cheaper? If they're the kind of customer who buys beer based purely on price then chances are they are already in Wetherspoons anyway so are not going to be depriving other establishments of their custom as a result of this. I fail to see how anyone is getting hurt by this.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I heard our beloved Prime Minister use the "S" word on BBC news recently from Parliament AND before the watershed. I say he should resign!
    This is an even more shocking revelation!

"Work on the new JD Wetherspoons pub next to"
    https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/dis...soon-1-6268821
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

I am a salmon !!

"However, if an order is obtained from the Court of Chivalry"
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arpet-pub.html
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

I was I Wethersppons Kingston today and I like the way they put the prices on the hand pumps.Makes it easier to choose
    Doombar £2.35
    Oakham -citra £1.99
    was going to go for the doom but decided to save some money.

As I suspected, the 20p decrease in the price of Ruddles was just a publicity stunt designed to detract attention from a price rise. In the last two weeks when I haven't been in a JDW just about all of their drink prices have risen by 100p. As I also expected, they have also got rid of the American brewed Sixpoint products as well as the Black Sheep Pathmaker Pale and Marston(?) Crafty Dan. The Crafty choice looks depleted to me with the inclusion of a small container of an Oakkham IPA and a Brewdog Clockwork Tangerine. The best bet on the non cask front seemed to be a 500ml bottle of Redemption Big Chief at £2.89. Food prices have also increased by 10p but as I invariably get something that includes a drink so that is cancelled out. The Wanstead George didn't have Ruddles but the GK IPA was ticketed at £1.69 despite being billed differently on the drinks menu!
    In my part of London the JDWs are still charging less than half for cask than much of the opposition so I won't be switching any time soon. However, the projected new micropub at nearby Highams Park has been given the go ahead for change of use so who knows what the future holds.

I wondered how many JDWs are still charging under two quid for guest ales. I suspect they are restricted to the North or S Wales. The hysterical rants from the anti JDW wing of CAMRA now look a bit pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I was I Wethersppons Kingston today and I like the way they put the prices on the hand pumps.Makes it easier to choose
    Doombar £2.35
    Oakham -citra £1.99
    I'm surprised to see that as generally Doom Bore is 10p cheaper than the guest ales so it's locally £2.19 for guests and £2.10 or £2.09 for Doom Bore. The Kingston outlet seems to be outstanding, especially for a Lloyds so they may have their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The Kingston outlet seems to be outstanding, especially for a Lloyds so they may have their own rules.
    Beer wise it is very good, probably the one I've been in most of all, but it is still a Spoons and only go in there waiting for the Albion to open.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Doombar £2.35
    Oakham -citra £1.99
    Now you're not a full blown beer ticker anymore, had you down as a Pride man.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields