Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
Not sure if its just me being unlucky or me getting to be a grumpy old fart. But I've found all local Wetherspoons have gone down hill very badly around this area in past few years. The staff seem to have no interest in customers wanting Ale all they want to do is push cheap grub. Often the tables are full of crap and glasses with kids running around uncontrolled plus general house keeping is terrible like trays of glasses taken out of dish washer and just left on floor behind bar. Another grip as mentioned TVs blaring out all day. I tend to go in more small local pubs now where you can actually get served without waiting half hour whilst some idiot orders a glass of coke tea and Burger no I have an egg roll on he will have a coffee oh hang on he wants a bacon baguette sod it I give up and walk out again. Wetherspoons seen to have totally lost their way its just like a licensed McDonald's in most now so I try to avoid them if possible. I would sooner pay more and go in a real Pub..
Same here, but I am a grumpy old fart, luckily nearby is a Fuller's pub, and they have reduced prices to £2 a pint between 10 & 5 Mon to Friday to stay competitive with Wetherspoons, so all us grumpy old farts can put the world right without having to wait whilst coffee, food etc is ordered