Ads not shown when logged in
Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1447

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

This Space For Hire

If Gregg's Vegan Sausage Roll Gate is anything to go by it should get Tim's core clientele chuntering.

Wetherspoon's adds its first ever fake-meat burger to menu

Wetherspoons autumn festival beer list:

img091.jpg
    img092.jpg

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Wetherspoons autumn festival beer list:

img091.jpg
    img092.jpg
    It's funny how the 'spoons festivals seem to have fallen off the radar in recent years. It wasn't so long ago that they were eagerly anticipated by PuG users. (Remember when Roger Button used to slurp his way through the list, before most of us had even got started?) Anyway, I think this list sounds pretty good, with 13 out of the 40 I'd like to try. The Salopian Infinite Orbit and Ballistic Short Fuse have particularly piqued my curiosity. I might have to cross the threshold of the Six Chimneys, this weekend, which would be the first time in ages.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    ... and Ballistic Short Fuse have particularly piqued my curiosity.
    You wont be disappointed by that one.

This Space For Hire

It's funny how the 'spoons festivals seem to have fallen off the radar in recent years. It wasn't so long ago that they were eagerly anticipated by PuG users. (Remember when Roger Button used to slurp his way through the list, before most of us had even got started?) Anyway, I think this list sounds pretty good, with 13 out of the 40 I'd like to try. The Salopian Infinite Orbit and Ballistic Short Fuse have particularly piqued my curiosity. I might have to cross the threshold of the Six Chimneys, this weekend, which would be the first time in ages.
    Best of luck

This Space For Hire

It's funny how the 'spoons festivals seem to have fallen off the radar in recent years. It wasn't so long ago that they were eagerly anticipated by PuG users.
    Maybe it's that many branches have gone from being just about tolerable to being actively unpleasant.

I shall probably be going to a proper beer festival instead, a lot of dross on the list but plenty of good stuff also on the list to help me avoid it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I shall probably be going to a proper beer festival instead, a lot of dross on the list but plenty of good stuff also on the list to help me avoid it.
    Mmmm....A Fuller's stand. The Swing Low is surely the star of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Mmmm....A Fuller's stand. The Swing Low is surely the star of the show.
    Certainly will not be trying that one, Vibrant Forest will be the way to go, prospective brewer of the year going on the last six months performance.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I don't know what the beer prices are like but the admission fee alone is a total rip off. There's also plenty of crap imbedded in that list. Why brews from London, Surrey and other Counties when the Dose Of Crabs (aka Itchen Valley) one is missing?
    Overall I've been disappointed with the JDW fest. So far two of the weaker ones have been best, possibly because the brewer can afford better hops for a low abv beer. I could have tried Arkell's 3B in Colwyn Bay but felt that some standards had to be maintained.
    I think that JDW have nailed down the prices paid for their national beers too much. Most of them aren't very good and you're more likely to get a good locale beer in a decent JDW. The JDW beer fest beers certainly aren't as good as they once were.
    I didn't mind the Ruby Abbot in the stronger ones but it really is just a darker and slightly stronger Abbot.