Ads not shown when logged in
Page 106 of 145 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1447

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

This Space For Hire

The manager loves Oakham and they had 3 on cask and 1 keg.The Ruddles was £1.69 and Tim has stated the 20p off Ruddles only applies to the quieter branches .About only 40 I think will reduce it.

This Space For Hire

Still drinking good beers.Had 5 I have drank before and 5 new ones this week.Only one iffy one others superb. Also am drinking more pints but Pride is a distress beer only to be drank if nowt about.cheers

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Beer wise it is very good, probably the one I've been in most of all, but it is still a Spoons and only go in there waiting for the Albion to open.
    Always go in there to get my Oakham fix then went down to the Albion.2 great beers in the Albion. Love this pub.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The manager loves Oakham and they had 3 on cask and 1 keg.The Ruddles was £1.69 and Tim has stated the 20p off Ruddles only applies to the quieter branches .About only 40 I think will reduce it.
    Are you certain about that? I understood it that more expensive outlets (central London, central Leeds etc) would be excluded but still have a decrease. Most JDWs do Ruddles or GK IPA at £1.89 or less which is nor £1.69 (or presumably less).

Is the Citra sold at a special price? I'm also a big Oakham fan and the good people of Glasgow seem to be fans of the Green Devil IPA. What are the other Oakham options?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The best bet on the non cask front seemed to be a 500ml bottle of Redemption Big Chief at £2.89.

Agreed.

I wondered how many JDWs are still charging under two quid for guest ales. I suspect they are restricted to the North or S Wales.
    All guests in The Felix Holt ,Nuneaton were £1.99 last Thursday.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Is the Citra sold at a special price? I'm also a big Oakham fan and the good people of Glasgow seem to be fans of the Green Devil IPA. What are the other Oakham options?
    Its not usually that cheap but its a big seller and they have 2 pumps for it Green Devil on keg,and Oblivion and Black Hole porter on cask.
    Tim was replying to Siba who complained about the price cut affecting other brewers when he mentioned the rather limited amount of pubs reducing by 20p.

Its not usually that cheap but its a big seller and they have 2 pumps for it Green Devil on keg,and Oblivion and Black Hole porter on cask.
    Tim was replying to Siba who complained about the price cut affecting other brewers when he mentioned the rather limited amount of pubs reducing by 20p.
    He's an ardent Brexiteer so is used to lying. I'm sure he was in this case, but are you sure he wasn't talking about outlets selling it at £1.39?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    All guests in The Felix Holt ,Nuneaton were £1.99 last Thursday.
    I should have said the Midlands, North & Wales possibly. I doubt if there are any in Greater London now. I also like the Felix Holt and with a great micropub nearby it makes a visit well worthwhile. I'm pretty sure there are not enough pubs for a PUG crawl.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there are not enough pubs for a PUG crawl.
    There are very few pubs in the town centre ,a PuG crawl would have to visit every establishment to get close to the usual tally .A different sort of challenge.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson