Ads not shown when logged in
Page 96 of 145 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I was in one of my local Wetherspoons last week in Hounslow.Looking round couldn't see much cask beer on the tables but they have a board that tells you how many pints they sold of cask.2154 which is pretty impressive for a pub in a mostly Asian community.Best week ever was in 2013 with 2965.Probably the week Aqualung visited.
    I take it you mean the Moon Under Water, in which case you're almost certainly right. I revisited that one on the way back from somewhere or other.

This Space For Hire

It was.........the salmon mouse.....

https://insidecroydon.com/2019/02/12...staff-illness/

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    It was.........the salmon mouse.....

https://insidecroydon.com/2019/02/12...staff-illness/
    "sources say that the idea of the florid-faced Martin visiting is not believed to have caused the delayed onset of puking that befell the pub’s staff".

Nice turn of phrase, writer should be a PUG reviewer

"pub is set to double in size and add a two-storey garden"
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/busi...-site-15831207
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Not sure how kosher this is but I like it,

iSpy Wetherspoons Edinburgh.jpg

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Not sure how kosher this is but I like it,

iSpy Wetherspoons Edinburgh.jpg
    Mazeltof!

A new menu went in today which may or may not have included price increases. Beer prices in the tow E11 JDWs have been reduced for some time now. The George has steadily gone down from £2.59 to £2.15 and the Walnut Tree from £2.49 to £2.15 and they no longer have different price bands for premium and standard guests. The Walnut Tree also has a decent new manager which means is usually has a decent choice in good condition. The disaster days seem to be over.
    The Spring Festival starts on the 27th of March and has 3 ciders plus the usual 5 "internationals" brewed by larger regionals.
    This December sees the 40th anniversary of their first pub. Let's hope Mullet Man has got all this Brexit crap off his chest by then.

This Space For Hire

JDW and Hungry Horse criticised for serving unhealthy children’s food

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...d-for-children

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    A new menu went in today which may or may not have included price increases. Beer prices in the tow E11 JDWs have been reduced for some time now. The George has steadily gone down from £2.59 to £2.15 and the Walnut Tree from £2.49 to £2.15 and they no longer have different price bands for premium and standard guests. The Walnut Tree also has a decent new manager which means is usually has a decent choice in good condition. The disaster days seem to be over.
    The Spring Festival starts on the 27th of March and has 3 ciders plus the usual 5 "internationals" brewed by larger regionals.
    This December sees the 40th anniversary of their first pub. Let's hope Mullet Man has got all this Brexit crap off his chest by then.
    Food prices have risen by roughly 5p-20p per item. I don't think beer prices have increased but spirits have by I think 5p a measure. It now costs £1.05 to "double up". Punk IPA is now officially an option as the "free" drink with qualifying meals. Given that it typically costs £3.49 it has become my default option unless there is an outstanding cask on.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    JDW and Hungry Horse criticised for serving unhealthy children’s food

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...d-for-children

I don't see how JDW are any worse than all the other pub chains and fast food outlets. I don't really like chips even if they are cooked as they should be from scratch. There are healthier options on the JDW menu but they are few and far between while many pub menus have none, If children are easting unhealthy food it's entirely down to the parents but of course the Morning Advertiser is the mouthpiece of the hypocrites that run "proper" rip off pubs and moan endlessly about JDW policies that are little different from those of the big brewers and other pub chains.