Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 145 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

The new spoons in Wellington is set to be called the Hesba Stretton after a local auther who died in 1911 , she was a devout Methodist and tee-totaler who wrote many articles and books on the evils of the demon drink
    There is now a local campaign to name it the Duke of Wellington , which was the original building on the site(demolished in the 1960s)
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Well, finally, JDW will be opening a pub in Wimborne. The arguments and objections have been long and acrimonious, but the is now done, albeit with some restrictions on opening hours and the need to employ bouncers for a trial period. It's the old Conservative Club, but what they'll call it now I've no idea..........
    A lot, if not all, of Wimborne's existing pubs are shaking in their shoes, some of them with good reason.
    Bring it on I say..........
    Bah, I can't add me little emoticons, any thoughts, Conrad. It's probably just me..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 22-06-2011 at 07:51.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Well, finally, JDW will be opening a pub in Wimborne.
    http://www.wimbornepeople.co.uk/Pubs...ail/story.html

Default new pub in Caerphilly

Last edited by hondo; 30-06-2011 at 06:52.

We called in one of JDW latest outlets, the Lister Arms at Ilkley, on our West Yorkshire metro ticket crawl yesterday. It just didn't feel right! Far to posh.

Not full of your usual Spoons clientele, but, little old genteel ladies...................IN HATS! It was like being, I imagine, at a some kind of Women's Institute meeting on Hyacinth Bucket appreciation day.

Well mannered bar staff were acting as waiters/waitress and taking drink over to tables. Tables were being cleared of plates AND wiped down. Whats going on. All very surreal!

It was very reassuring to finish our day in Timbo's outlet on Leeds station where normal service was resumed and we enjoyed our last drink of the day surrounded by the plates and leftover of the sticky tables previous occupants.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    We called in one of JDW latest outlets, the Lister Arms at Ilkley, on our West Yorkshire metro ticket crawl yesterday. It just didn't feel right! Far to posh.

Not full of your usual Spoons clientele, but, little old genteel ladies...................IN HATS! It was like being, I imagine, at a some kind of Women's Institute meeting on Hyacinth Bucket appreciation day.

Well mannered bar staff were acting as waiters/waitress and taking drink over to tables. Tables were being cleared of plates AND wiped down. Whats going on. All very surreal!

It was very reassuring to finish our day in Timbo's outlet on Leeds station where normal service was resumed and we enjoyed our last drink of the day surrounded by the plates and leftover of the sticky tables previous occupants.
    In the Shrewsbury Hotel a few weeks ago on a pleasant Saturday afternoon , instead of the usual 3 deep at the bar scrum there were 2 orderly queues to the bar , very strange !
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !