Ads not shown when logged in
Page 18 of 145 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Page 37 of the Dec/Jan London Drinker too.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Thanks Gill, I've downloaded it but don't think I'll bother printing off a copy!

" spend more than £2m on two new town centre pubs in Stamford and in Oakham."
    http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/new...kham-1-4563104
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

"taking over the former Harry Ramsden’s fish and chip restaurant in Cardiff"
    http://www.caterersearch.com/Article...in-Cardiff.htm
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

JD Wetherspoon has bucked the malaise that has seen rival groups close underperforming pubs by announcing plans to open 30 new sites creating 1,200 jobs.

The expansion plans will see pubs open in cities across the UK, adding to the firm’s current total of 866.

details Daily Mail
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    JD Wetherspoon has bucked the malaise that has seen rival groups close underperforming pubs by announcing plans to open 30 new sites creating 1,200 jobs.

The expansion plans will see pubs open in cities across the UK, adding to the firm’s current total of 866.

details Daily Mail

I bet Moby can't wait to see them all open!!!!

It would be nice to see a Spoons in Tottenham, an area in which they largely originated. The nearest one is the John Gilpin in Upper Edmonton which has been a disaster beerwise on my last couple of visits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I bet Moby can't wait to see them all open!!!!

It would be nice to see a Spoons in Tottenham, an area in which they largely originated. The nearest one is the John Gilpin in Upper Edmonton which has been a disaster beerwise on my last couple of visits.
    OMG.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Default Wetherspoons London Mini Festival

Wetherspoons have been holding a mini London Festival in their pubs since the 14th of January. It is the most complicated and poorly advertised festival I have ever come across. I only found the leaflet for it in Loughton today which is in er, Essex.

They have split London into five areas, N,S,W,E and Central. The South London festival has gone and the North London one ends on Friday so I'm off to see what the Coronet has on Friday.

The East London one is the 11th -15th Feb, the West London one is the 25th Feb - 01st Mar and the Central London one is 11th Mar - 15th Mar.

The pub groupings are not all consistent, North, South and Central London seem OK but East London includes pubs in SW17, SW12, SW16, N16, SW2, SW9 and SW11!

West London includes Croydon!

Each pub is allocated an Ale Group which restricts the choice from all 20 beers down to a pathetic 5 or 6.

Only three pubs are allocated Ale Group D1 which is all 20 and these are the Crosse Keys in the City, The George in Croydon and the Wibbas Down in Wimbledon.

The ten breweries are By the Horns, Clarence & Fredericks, Cronx, East London, London Fields, Portobello, Redemption, Sambrooks, Twickenham and Fullers.

The only Fullers beer is the weak Seafarers but the new and lacking a website Portobello brewery has three.

The festival leaflets which can be found in Essex have a voting form for the best brewery!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Only three pubs are allocated Ale Group D1 which is all 20 and these are the Crosse Keys in the City, The George in Croydon and the Wibbas Down in Wimbledon.

The ten breweries are By the Horns, Clarence & Fredericks, Cronx, East London, London Fields, Portobello, Redemption, Sambrooks, Twickenham and Fullers.
    Thanks for the heads up,I will be in The George pre match on Saturday so will check out whats on.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson