Ads not shown when logged in
Page 43 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I have never been challenged if using a second voucher on a visit.
    Or on the 3rd, 4th or 5th. In fact coming to the end of one quarter last year and not having spent one coupon for that period my brother and a myself did all 10 in one session. Sadly i can remember the days i could have done all 10 myself, need a bit of help these days.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Normally I give my vouchers away (to someone who enjoys JDW) but even when I drag myself into one ,or dragged in kicking and screaming ,I never remember to use the things anyway.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Normally I give my vouchers away (to someone who enjoys JDW).
    All donations gratefully received!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    After a period with only the odd pub opening here and there they seem to be returning to the South.
    There is a new City of London Spoons The Sir John Hawkshaw at Cannon Street Station opening in February.
    On the 10th, according to the banner now out front, and to be found on the east (Platform 1) side.

Lightbulb Mood lighting

interior of The Sawyers Arms

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RWP_ECH_200115Pub_07JPG.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	1181
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Default Spring Festival 2015

The list for the Spring Festival which starts on Friday 13th March can now be found by double clicking the banner on the JDW home page.
    Unfortunately it doesn't say where the foreign beers are brewed one of which is an Irish Stout from Ireland. There are two beers calld Boadicea one by Sheps and the orher by RCH. I don't know what that's all about as I always thought the old battleaxe's stomping ground was East Anglia.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/stati...f?t=1424009086

The list for the Spring Festival which starts on Friday 13th March can now be found by double clicking the banner on the JDW home page.
    Unfortunately it doesn't say where the foreign beers are brewed one of which is an Irish Stout from Ireland. There are two beers calld Boadicea one by Sheps and the orher by RCH. I don't know what that's all about as I always thought the old battleaxe's stomping ground was East Anglia.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/stati...f?t=1424009086
    I never drink in a 'spoons, so this doesn't really concern me, but what is the point of bringing in "real ale" from the colonies? This country can't do much, if anything now, but one thing we can do is produce damn fine beer.
    Boadacea is a grand new hop cultivar: I think the pedantic historians call the wheelbarrow borne battle axe "Boudicca". Anyway, she's buried under platform 9 of King's Cross.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    What is the point of bringing in "real ale" from the colonies?
    It's not the colonies, it's all over the place and they import the brewer (or at least claim to) rather than the beer and make it at one of the large regionals. They also do a continuing range of International beers outside the festivals, around two a month. I was amazed to recently find a Spanish beer brewed at Adnam's was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Boadacea is a grand new hop cultivar: I think the pedantic historians call the wheelbarrow borne battle axe "Boudicca". Anyway, she's buried under platform 9 of King's Cross.
    Two new facts for me!

It's not the colonies, it's all over the place and they import the brewer (or at least claim to) rather than the beer and make it at one of the large regionals. They also do a continuing range of International beers outside the festivals, around two a month. I was amazed to recently find a Spanish beer brewed at Adnam's was excellent.

Two new facts for me!
    Don't necessarily believe me-my archeological stepson doesn't!,but it's a good tale.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.