Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spell Checking

Never been very good at spelling which is a bit of a draw back when you are a crossword fan. Phonetics never worked with a Walsall accent, no wonder my Dutch daughter in law understood me when I tried it. No one else did.I have difficulty with passages with no Capitals or full stops.Tex-ting is a foreign language to me and must take some blame for the poor standard of written English around now.
    If I can understand the point being made in the post then spelling is of little importance. Spoonerisms can be hillarious but you don't see many on this forum unless intended. Google Translator is a laugh but it won't work on the Black Country language.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I bought a Welsh friend a Welsh Scrabble set a few years back, a truly fearful looking set of tiles.

Just in case anyone hasn't realised, I only set up this thread in response to a question about the Spell Checker. I have no problem with pretty much anything as long as it is readable.

The one exception to this text speak. if ne1 resorts 2 that i may hav to ban them.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Shall I redirect your comment to Wrexham FC football forum?
    No need , we sing it to them at every meeting , though next one could be sometime away now they are an established non league club