Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spell Checking

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Saturday's match, we were torrid they deserved to win.

It was one of those matches you end up just wanting to stuff them though. I can live with losing if the opposition put on a good show and you feel like you did your best, but Shef U had 2 players booked by 60 mins for time wasting, I hate watching teams who only turn up to waste time.
    Ah dont worry.. your team Bristol Rovers won last night.. Bet you are feeling bit much better

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I sadly have a reputation for spilling good and properly, Dave has become a master at the duck and cover ritual whenever it is my round, or indeed anytime I try and sit at a pub table.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Ah dont worry.. your team Bristol Rovers won last night.. Bet you are feeling bit much better
    I figured they might have done, I thought I just about heard them cheer whilst sitting on my throne last night.

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodboyo View Post
    Are you suggesting we can't spill proprly?
    Eye halve a spell chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plane lea marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye kin not sea

Eye strike a quay and type a word
    And weight four it too say
    Weather eye am wrong oar wright
    It shows me strait a weigh

As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee four two long
    And eye can putt the error rite
    Its rare lea ever wrong

Eye halve run this poem threw it
    I am shore your pleased too no
    Its letter perfect awl the weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

That reminds me of this classic:
    A PLAN FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF ENGLISH SPELLING
    by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet.

The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later.

Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.

Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants.

Bai iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Smile Not many people know this...

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    That reminds me of this classic:
    A PLAN FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF ENGLISH SPELLING
    by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet.

The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later.

Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.

Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants.

Bai iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
    There is no "x" in the Welsh Language, which makes things very difficult on St. Valentine's Day

There is no "x" in the Welsh Language, which makes things very difficult on St. Valentine's Day
    What about WreXham?

I know it is not language but never knew about 'x' not included in Welsh language!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    What about WreXham?

I know it is not language but never knew about 'x' not included in Welsh language!
    Over here in the Marches just over the border its spelt Rectum , see no X

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Over here in the Marches just over the border its spelt Rectum , see no X
    Shall I redirect your comment to Wrexham FC football forum?

I've survived without it on Valentines before