Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    I see the Bay Horse in Bromyard has Rosey Nosey on tap but not yet tempted.
    Used to sell for last 3 Xmas at my local. Very fruity with hint of mulled wine. Quite dangerously drinkable with high proof

This year they are selling Hobgoblin which is one of my favourite but seriously pricey... £2.95 per pint

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I can think of 10 .
    Did you order one of the £30 bottles or one of the £250 bottles with a free share in the brewery and will it arrive as there's only 250 bottles of each?

I can't order one as my wife was shocked when I bought a bottle of Westvleteren for £12 last month
    I ordered one of the £30 bottles, as for will it arrive I bloody hope so! My bank statement should be through shortly - if the transaction hasn't actually gone through and then I find all the £30 bottles have gone I will not be impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Used to sell for last 3 Xmas at my local. Very fruity with hint of mulled wine. Quite dangerously drinkable with high proof

This year they are selling Hobgoblin which is one of my favourite but seriously pricey... £2.95 per pint
    Don't ever come to Hay on Wye.

Ever

No Really

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Don't ever come to Hay on Wye.

Ever

No Really
    Which pub? I done every pub in Hay On Wye..

Last visit was in 2005 so how much?.. *Hopwas trembling with fear*

We're £2.80 - £3, although some stronger ales we sell for £3.20 and Otley O8 (8.0%) is £3.50. Hobgoblin, for example, is £3

Other places in town, you can buy Butty or Landlord at £3.20 and other beers at £3.10

I've been working with my suppliers to come to some agreement which would allow me to swallow the VAT increase until Budget in April. When the micro brewery gets up and running (touch later this year) we should see a change to the status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    We're £2.80 - £3, although some stronger ales we sell for £3.20 and Otley O8 (8.0%) is £3.50. Hobgoblin, for example, is £3

Other places in town, you can buy Butty or Landlord at £3.20 and other beers at £3.10

I've been working with my suppliers to come to some agreement which would allow me to swallow the VAT increase until Budget in April. When the micro brewery gets up and running (touch later this year) we should see a change to the status quo

Thank god for good old Wetherspoon...

I dont mean get dig at you but with the prices rising steadily every year, some people forced to buy cheap boozes at major supermarkets.

I dont go to my local as much as I used to in recent years due to prices getting pricer and pricer so I go to Wetherspoon where they can sell same brand one pound cheaper than in my own local.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ah well back to good old Doombar as the beer of the week this week.

Why is it having read Hopwas's comment that I now live in fear of every pub being a Wetherspoon pub in 5 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Why is it having read Hopwas's comment that I now live in fear of every pub being a Wetherspoon pub in 5 years time.
    Simple.. we are in recession. Rising council taxes, petrol prices, bills etc it is quite hard to make enough money to last me for monmth.

For example.. £1.35 for Ruddles Country in The Bolebridge, Tamworth and £2.40 for Same brand in Three Tuns, Tamworth.

It is not hard to choose really..

Unless Goverment decide to reduce ther beer duty, I am afraid Wetherspoon will be very common to see in next decade,,

Locally I found Hobsons Bitter £2.20 and WVB IPA at £2.50. Cheaper beer available in Hereford or Worcester but you expect to pay more in village pubs,£3 + has not been unusual for a year or two. Needless to say I gravitate to the cheaper pub which also attracts an older bunch of customers.The weekend sees a nonstop Domino game and the betting shop next door is well used. Not seen any whippets or ferrets though, they must be in the back bar.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I am going out to the Fox at Chetwynd Aston tommorrow for a meal so will be paying £2 80 - £3 20 for a pint of cask ale , then back to Oakengates , Hobsons Bitter £2 and Salopian Gold £1 90 then last bus home and finish off on Bankss Mild (smooth not cask) in the Duke £1 65 .
    If i like the pub i`ll pay the money .