Ads not shown when logged in
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week

Sorry about that terse reply. My networks gone weird this morning. I think that the router may be defrosting. The signal keeps dropping out then trying to attach it self to a BT Openzone which I do not subscribe to.May be its sunspots?

Bootsie = Alfie
    Snudge = Bill

As a kid I remember preferring the replaced Army Game. Perhaps the comedy was a bit more grown up.
    Being a Midlander I will retire to my ex council, no expense spared , nuclear shelter while the age old battle of North versus South rages overhead. That is after I have been to the Co-Op and got enough cases of whats on offer to see me through the conflict.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Stockport's Crown (Heaton La) was in its usual sparkling form yesterday with all 16 pumps in action. For lovers of the dark side there was a mild, a honey porter, and Marble Chocolate Stout, then 13 ales, many golden, plus a 6.9% cider.
    Millstone Tiger Rut & Pictish Brewers Gold were (as expected) splendid, but I'll give this week's gong, just, to Salopian Prohibition (4.6%).

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ok, I have started up a couple of sticky threads:
    Beer of the Week (w/e 17 January 2010)
    Beer of the Week (w/e 24 January 2010)

I have provided an explanation in the earlier thread, it is meant as a bit of fun, so if putting structure on it makes it serious or pointless I will desert it, but figured it might keep the chatter going a bit more. Also unstickied this thread.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I thought you be Dorzet - Gateway to the West. 'ampsher is the south
    See, now you know how I feel. Dorset a gateway, we don't even have a motorway. Any road up, and ours usually are, the Hants border is only 3/4 of a mile a way...........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    As a kid I remember preferring...Army Game. Perhaps the comedy was a bit more grown up.
    It made me laugh, which is more than I can say about most present day comedy. I've got a couple of 2WW tin hats here, I'd send you one, but I reckon we'll have made up before the mailmen have decided whether it's a bomb or not. Just as long as he accepts my point of view, and allows me to ignore his.
    West Country indeed, straw in mouth, I ask you............I needed that..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    we don't even have a motorway. .....the Hants border is only 3/4 of a mile a way...........
    There's five M'ways in Hants so maybe they got yours anyway you wouldn't really want one, too much trouble, what would Granfer say?

Maybe you should update the old Peter Sellers sketch and challenge the virtues of Bal-ham Gateway to the South!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    There's five M'ways in Hants so maybe they got yours
    They can keep it, far too much trouble. Hardly anyone stops here anyhow, they all charge on through to the 'West Country', which they are welcome to do, apart from those that get siphoned off into Bournemouth and the Purbeck. Which is how uz an Somerzet like it.
    Holidaymakers, Bah Humbug............. There, see, you made me have anther...

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Had a couple of pints of the excellent Hawkshead Organic Stout in the Baum last night. I hope it makes it through to tonight
    It lasted (just) and I managed another pint before it went.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I did have a pint of Weltons Something or Other the other night - a whopping 7.8% which was pretty good for a beer of such strength (and I'm not usually a great fan of Weltons). I can't remember its name (for obvious reasons), just the strength and it isn't mentioned on their website so no idea what it actually was.
    Found out - it was called Xmas Maximus! There was a similar strength beer last year called Imperial Festive so it may be the same thing but rebadged. I hate it when they do that!

In a way I hope this won't finish up as my beer of the week, but I thought it worth a mention. In my local my fall back beer has for years now been Directors. But, perhaps not anymore, I'd not realised that Erdinger was a wheat beer, so I gave it a go.
    I have to say it's pretty good, would love to try in it on draught.....