Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week

todays beer of the week is Ruddles County .. sadly from a can rather than hand pulled at such venues as the Royal Oay Leverton Notts or better still the Plough Inn at South Leverton also Notts .. the Plough used to have a tiny post office facility within .. it also doubled as a small grocery shop .. its a small low roofed pub with two small drinking rooms and a large beer garden .. smashing place to be in the summer after a cycling pub crawl of the area which included the excellent Ayres Arms at Rampton village .. pure England at its best .. only minor bruising highlighted the health worthiness of the expedition due to the front wheel coming adrift ..

My beer of the week was Newmans Wolvers Ale (no I haven't heard of them either - a small brewery in Caerphilly, I drank it in Liverpool). This was closely followed by Sharps Nadelik drunk in a Wetherspoons.

I'll have to ponder about my Beer of the Year, it may even be a MILD .

With days running out till 2010..

I'll plump for Mordue's Newcastle Coffee Porter as my beer of the year. What a cracking ale.. full of flavour, bit like drinking cup of cold coffee but better!

As of today, my BOTW is Wychwood's Dog's Bollocks. Strong, flavoursome, dark in taste but not so much in colour, beautiful.

I'll have to think of my BOTY and which POTY I would like to drink it in

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    As of today, my BOTW is Wychwood's Dog's Bollocks. Strong, flavoursome, dark in taste but not so much in colour, beautiful.

I'll have to think of my BOTY and which POTY I would like to drink it in
    I haven't had that since my student days, but my memory is it was accurately named. One of those where it tasted nice while you were drinking it, don't stop though or the aftertaste will hit you and you make a face like you had just tasted it's namesake.

I remember drinking it in my student days.. Still cringes whenever Dog Bollocks being mentioned.

Anyway in my local pub, The Fox in Hopwas, People would always turn their head when I mention "Bollocks please" which I was actually refer to Dog's Bollocks!

Oh...

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Bankss Keg Mild or me last night , best of a bad choice but only £1.60 a pint and the band was good plus a few decent bits of eye candy (-4 and skirts that short , they`ll catch there death) better than a night in with the x factor

"Beer-Off" of the day has to be me local Rhythm and Booze shop in Cottingham E. Yorks .. 4x500ml Abbott Ales for £3 .. 75p a pint or there abouts .. prior to that I paid £2.80 for a very second rate pint of Pedigree at the Fair Maid .. no real atmosphere either .. and no band .. meanwhile i've Planet Rock on the interadio and and me carry-out .. beer at home means Abbott Ale .. whatever happened to Davenports by the way ?
    snecklifter swigger if you dont mind ..

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Davenports was murdered by Greenhalls same as Wem Brewery , though that was more put out of its misery . You can still get some Davenport beers , dont know where they are brewed though .

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    You can still get some Davenport beers , dont know where they are brewed though .
    They are brewed in Birmingham.. http://www.go-for-it.co.uk/Davenports/