Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Potential Opening of New Sports Bar/Restaurant - What do you want?

Teetotal

Default Potential Opening of New Sports Bar/Restaurant - What do you want?

Hi Everyone,

We are currently running a short (about 3 or 4 minute) questionnaire on a potential new pub that could be opened as part of a business module which could actually get funding.

We would be very grateful if you could take a short time out to complete the survey and provide any feedback you may have. Also, as an added incentive, if the business plan gets funding, the people who have selected the winning layout will also be entered into a draw to get free meals/drinks at the new pub.

Thanks in advance.

The Draught Questionnaire

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

"Extent of Drinks Menu", low on a questionnaire list, hardly suggests the venue will serve real ale, let alone a choice of same, so, on that basis, I'm out.

VIP area? will the queen be using this bar?

I love a good sports bar, but I wouldn't like sitting at my table all night pouring my own drinks - especially if it cost more (are you a tory bringing the Big Society into the drinks industry?). I would have completed the questionaire, but I cannot abide VIP and waiting areas so I couldn't bring myself to pick, sorry.

I wish you good luck though.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Teetotal

All valid feedback, thanks for your inputs.

I'm with the others. I started the questionaire but just based on what was being asked suggests that this wouldn't be the sort of place I would even contemplate visiting and I don't really think I could offer any constructive input. Sorry but good luck with it anyway.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I'm with the others. I started the questionaire but just based on what was being asked suggests that this wouldn't be the sort of place I would even contemplate visiting and I don't really think I could offer any constructive input. Sorry but good luck with it anyway.
    Sorry but I am a "me to" on this one, not a venue I would use

I think we're all a bit traditional on this forum. We like an honest pub (no twigs ) a choice of real ale and sometimes decent pub food ..... and pork scratchings.

Seriously, I probably wouldn't go for a pub with a VIP area because they are places for everyone to mix and chat with no preferential treatment. If a 'pub' had a bar/waiting area separate from the dining area then I would view it more along the lines of TGIs, Old Orleans etc rather than what we would think of as a pub.

That's not to say, though, that your suggested concepts would not work in London and the swankier parts of Birmingham, Manchester etc. There is a market for people who like to go to more 'gimmicky' places (I hope that doesn't sound flippant)
    Waes hael!

I think I'm with most others. It would not be the sort of place I would go as I hate TV in Pubs and even worse in restaurants. I like too go up too the bar get served and sit down I would not like the Idea of taps on the table or table service. As to me it would be too much like a licenced restaurant not a Pub.

I did fill in questioner all the best.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)