Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legendary pubs

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Hi 'ob' great thread. Wrote a long post in reply, only to get timed out. Signed in again to be met with a blank screen and not returned to what I was working on. After waiting and waiting, tried clicking back. Lost it!

Maybe try again later when I've calmed down.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Blue Anchor, Helston, went a few years back, no, it was more than that, it was Diana's wedding & we were working down Falmouth, you can work it out

Prospect of Whitby, yes, but blowed if I can remember any of it, too many dead brain cells now

One round here was the Sussex brewery over at Emsworth
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13419/

It had micro brewery at the back, sawdust on the wooden floor, sold local home made sausages [uncooked] and won awards for them

Sadly now just another roadside pub, may still sell bangers though

Of Pompey fame was The Albany, with the Lennox a few doors down, sadly both long closed. The beer was awful Brickwoods, but many were on the scrumpy at 4d a pint

It those walls could speak you would have to cover your ears

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    One round here was the Sussex brewery over at Emsworth
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13419/

It had micro brewery at the back, sawdust on the wooden floor, sold local home made sausages [uncooked] and won awards for them
    Talking of the Emsworth area there used to be a brewery in the Old House at House at Chidham, whatever happened to that?

I'm not sure you should put sawdust and sausages in the same sentence

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Hi 'ob' great thread. Wrote a long post in reply, only to get timed out. Signed in again to be met with a blank screen and not returned to what I was working on. After waiting and waiting, tried clicking back. Lost it!

Maybe try again later when I've calmed down.
    I have been searching around for the last hour for a solution to this and there just isn't an easy one short of me recoding the forum to come up with a novel solution, and currently I don't have the time for that.

Can I check are you using 'remember me' when you log in? And if not is it safe for you to do so on the computer you are using? As this should instantly stop you getting this issue.

Me being a slow typist I often get timed out yet other times I dont. Its all beyond me.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Arwkrite,

Are you able to use "remember me" when you log in, and is it causing you to lose any of your posts now?

Thanks, just gathering information on the problem.

Hello Conrad, I tick the remember me box when loging on but lost a thread today. It does stop me rambling on which us BOFs have a habit of doing.
    I sympathise with Aleanhearty though having put in so much effort.
    If I start a list I tend to forget what its about and end up wittering away about the price of fish, just dont ask!.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Bugger, that is bad then. I am inclined to think it is a problem with your browser - the most unhelpful answer ever.

When you lose the post it is presumably because a login screen appears? If that is the case do you try logging in, or do you hit the back button? If you login, it should still make the post.

Keep me informed so that we can try and sort it out.

I once tried to compile a list of 100 pubs to visit before I die, I raised the limit to 250, then quit when it passed 500..........

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    I once tried to compile a list of 100 pubs to visit before I die, I raised the limit to 250, then quit when it passed 500..........
    you need help rd!

i have a list of one -

1. do the next one
    MILD: