Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport Guru F1 game

Thanks Millay.

I have to warn you that I find F1 to be one of the most boring "sports" in the world and do not watch it at all !! I know nothing about it at all.

Is Nigel Mansell in with a chance ???

I am a salmon !!

I'll stay on me own

Hi Millay,

I think i have joined the pool but i know less about F1 than i do about Rugby and i came bottom in that league,the last race i watched an English bloke burst his tyre on the last lap so he did'nt win the title.

I have also read that the little bloke with the funny face wants to make it rain when they are racing to make it more exciting.

Has anyone done their picks yet? I get a message saying that picks for a race will be available 1-2 weeks before the race, I thought it started this weekend!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

still the same message
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

selections can now be made

“Go, go, go”

“The car in front is absolutely unique except for the one behind it, which is identical.”

“There is nothing wrong with the car except that it is on fire.”

“With half the race gone, there is still half the race to go.”

“Trill makes budgies bounce with health!”

mw
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I see that everyone excluding Dave (unless he's waiting until the very last minute) has decided to pick before qualifying and get the Early Guru points. Bit risky this early in the season before we know how the cars are going to be performing but have to admit I've done the same myself.

Vettel looks quicker than Gill running for that bus on the Birmingham crawl and the McLarens have made a surprise late improvement. Are the Ferraris holding back or is Massa even more disaffected than he was at the end of last season. Can Schumacher keep sneaking those top 10 points and will Kamikaze Kobayashi's overtaking manoeuvres see him spinning around more than Kylie.

Good Luck to all, and if the Red Bulls and McLarens take each other out in qualifying then Dave's strategy will have paid off.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Flippin' cheek. I would never alllow a mere F1 driver to overtake me!

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Flippin' cheek. I would never alllow a mere F1 driver to overtake me!
    Especially a Red Bull driver !!
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Well, after the first race Dave and I are heading the Pubs Galore league with Pubsignman just a point behind. Interesting to note that Dave was the only one to wait until after qualifying to make his picks. So whilst he missed out on the two early guru points it did allow him to know who was going to be where on the grid. This no doubt helped Dave to predict 9 of the top 10 places as well as getting two podium positions right and nominating Vettel as the winner.

Other performances of note came from ROBCamra, who was the only one to predict that Sauber rookie Perez would get in the points (but see below) and Strongers who somehow managed to predict that Massa would drive the fasted lap.

Just to confirm Conrad's cynicism earler in the thread it looks like both Saubers (Perez and Kobayashi) have been disqualified for a technical infringment relating to the rear wing actuators, whatever they are. Not sure what Sportguru will do about this, if I remember correctly from last year the initial finishing positions will probably stand.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Just to confirm Conrad's cynicism earler in the thread it looks like both Saubers (Perez and Kobayashi) have been disqualified for a technical infringment relating to the rear wing actuators, whatever they are. Not sure what Sportguru will do about this, if I remember correctly from last year the initial finishing positions will probably stand.
    You say cyncism, I say realism