Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Completed site release (The areas release)

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    You don't strictly speaking have to log out, just not do anything on the site for a while, probably an hour to be safe.
    Going out for a few beers in an hour or so should sort it by the time I get back then.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Ok, a minor tweak. It is a toy for those of you who are trying to clear out these postal districts. It is a view of pubs that are not yet covered.
    Hey, this is really good! I just wish you'd thought of it before I did the whole of Sheffield manually.

No, seriously, this will give me the incentive I need to tackle other areas. Nice one!
    Come On You Hatters!

It is a toy for those of you who are trying to clear out these postal districts. It is a view of pubs that are not yet covered. So 2 examples:
    Birmingham (Andy Ven is a nutter )
    It taps into my obsession for order.

Your (Conrad's) link to Birmingham returned no pubs in Birmingham so any Birmingham fanatics can see the whole of Birmingham with this link http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/towns/bi...west-midlands/ or Birmingham Central (including closed pubs) http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/bi...west-midlands/. The best of both worlds!

It was so exciting I did Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, West Bromwich and a few more bits
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 18-03-2011 at 20:16.
    Waes hael!

You should have, I think the biggest miracle of that is that the remember me works for someone .

You don't strictly speaking have to log out, just not do anything on the site for a while, probably an hour to be safe. The system temporarily caches your permissions rather than look them up whilst you are browsing the site.
    Yep that works, no pubs in Manchester and only 15 in Bolton. I'll sort that.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Have I broken something here

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/st...entral-london/

possibly because there is already a St James's Park area and I made a St James's? Parsing error?

Just made a St John's Wood with similar effect
    Last edited by NickDavies; 19-03-2011 at 12:01. Reason: update

I'll stay on me own

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the new way of seeing what pubs need to be done i have now completed Nottingham, Hull and Derby,i will carry on sorting towns out and also look for another large city that i have been to that as not been sorted yet.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Done a few corrections to Wallasey and Prenton (my fault) and have now done most of Clwyd , i will start working my way down the border into Powys and Herefordshire , definatley need a pint or six tonight
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Have I broken something here

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/st...entral-london/

possibly because there is already a St James's Park area and I made a St James's? Parsing error?

Just made a St John's Wood with similar effect
    I was going to tackle St James's at some stage, having already done St James's Park.

There is, to my mind, an important distinction between the two, with St James's Park being the area around the tube station of that name (i.e. to the south of the park), with the (original) St James's being the area to the north of the park of that ilk, east of Green Park, south of Piccadilly and west of Haymarket.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I was going to tackle St James's at some stage, having already done St James's Park.

There is, to my mind, an important distinction between the two, with St James's Park being the area around the tube station of that name (i.e. to the south of the park), with the (original) St James's being the area to the north of the park of that ilk, east of Green Park, south of Piccadilly and west of Haymarket.
    Exactly what I've done, but a glitch in the system

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Finished Powys , all those weird Welsh names have done my head in , though i now have a mad urge to drink some Purple Moose
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !