Visit the a swift one site

Courtesy of 'The York Press, via 'The Bloke from Hull'.

Plans are under way to covert part of the historic railway station at York into a bar. The news gets even better. The company who are intending this are 'Pivovar', better known in York for their venture 'Pivni', and throughout the country for their tasteful conversions of the 'Sheffield Tap' and the 'Euston Tap'.

Their intentions, subject to the necessary planning permission, are to convert the building which was previously used by the York Model Railway Society, if my memory is correct, on the city side of the station, into a flagship pub. They are budgeting around £200,000 to convert the premises into a pub that will hopefully take over 100 inside drinkers with a similar number outside.

They intend to have over 20 beers on draught, featuring breweries like Thornbridge and Brewdog and a large selection of bottled beers. The same formula used their other premises will
be applied with a mahogany bar installed in the 1906 premises along with features already seen in their other conversions.

No date has been set for the conversion, as I said, they still await the council's go ahead, but I for one, will be making trips out there once it is up and running. Another addition to York's already excellent drinking establishments. Watch this space !

More...