Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: You have be very thankful, Conrad..

Default You have be very thankful, Conrad..

Glad this town is not UK town! Otherwise it would be massive test for you how to locate pubs!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baarle-Hertog

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Well that is tonights nightmare sorted.

We would like to open the system up to foreign pubs, the biggest hurdle as being alluded to in the other thread is language. How do you get all addresses down to the concept of postcode/zip, county/state, city/town/village, district, street address? Until we can work out a way of doing that we can't keep our data clean.

The interface used when adding festivals does actually keep it all clean, sadly we have had a few complaints about that as well, no such thing as a complete solution.

Anyway, I am off to wipe of the cold sweat I have broken out in.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Good grief. And I felt for Eddie just for living in Hay-on-Wye!

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Good grief. And I felt for Eddie just for living in Hay-on-Wye!
    There is two pubs facing opposite divided by River (I forget name of place) One in England and One in Wales..

Imagine World Cup Final England Vs Wales.. Regulars and supporters in both pubs jeering and taunting each other!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    There is two pubs facing opposite divided by River (I forget name of place) One in England and One in Wales..

Imagine World Cup Final England Vs Wales.. Regulars and supporters in both pubs jeering and taunting each other!
    I remember Eddie telling me his pub was in the new Good Beer Guide. I couldn't find it listed under Herefordshire, because it was listed under Mid-Wales! Borders eh? Who'd 'ave 'em.

It's a curse and a benefit! There is talk of a pub on the border of 4 counties, with a bar in each county (one of which was in Wales if memory serves correctly)

My arguement was we should be listed in the GBG in both regions, just to be safe

As for the rugby, it's not football. All taunting of other teams is done in coherence with strict rules*

As for the benefits - West Midlands BII recently secured funding for applicants in it's area to go on a £600 course for about £50. Postcode is HR3 - they were happy. Next year Wales BII should secure something similar on other courses. We're licensed to Powys, our County on the address is Powys, so they will be happy

Of course, when the smoking ban came in earlier in Wales than England the golf club was very popular on Fri and Sat nights, as it's in England...

*1) Check that the other bloke isn't bigger than you
    2) Ensure random stats from previous encounters between the two teams are readily available
    3) By him a pint for taking it the right way
    4) Repeat ad nauseam!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Jester(sorry Chester) Citys ground is on the border , the pitch is in Wales , the offices in England . Know the pubs you mean but cant remember at moment , though Llanymnech has the border running down the mainstreet , when the smoking ban came in in Wales (6 months earlier than in England i think) you could smoke in one pub in town but not the other as they are opposite sides of the street .

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Jester(sorry Chester) Citys ground is on the border , the pitch is in Wales , the offices in England . Know the pubs you mean but cant remember at moment , though Llanymnech has the border running down the mainstreet , when the smoking ban came in in Wales (6 months earlier than in England i think) you could smoke in one pub in town but not the other as they are opposite sides of the street .
    Knew about Deva stadium... I visited there in Sept when We beat them

I just searched Llanymnech, Cross Keys Hotel is in Wales while about 1/3 miles away, Cross Guns Inn in England.

On smoking ban, I remember reading a man comes from Dumfries had to drive to village just south of Scottish border every day. 120 miles total!!

Why? Scotland smoking ban came to force in 2006, a man couldnt face smoking outside so he decided go to English Village near Gretna cos smoking ban havent come to force in England yet.

Crazy...

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Knew about Deva stadium... I visited there in Sept when We beat them

I just searched Llanymnech, Cross Keys Hotel is in Wales while about 1/3 miles away, Cross Guns Inn in England.

On smoking ban, I remember reading a man comes from Dumfries had to drive to village just south of Scottish border every day. 120 miles total!!

Why? Scotland smoking ban came to force in 2006, a man couldnt face smoking outside so he decided go to English Village near Gretna cos smoking ban havent come to force in England yet.

Crazy...
    Actually the Lion in Llanymnech has 2 bars in Shropshire and 1 in Powys , theres also the Bradford Arms in the village , depends where you look on how many pubs are listed for the village .