Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Hertfordshire

Default Hertfordshire

We're planning a day trip to Herts this Sat-we know how to have a good time-business and pleasure. Anyone know any must try pubs (rural if poss) in Hertford/Welwyn area?
    Cheers!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I have lived in the area for a few years,so I hope this helps. In the town of Hertford there is The Old Cross Tavern which is a CAMRA favourite and well worth a trip.Another pub in Hertford ,The White Horse, is a Fullers tied house and has an attractive ,traditional interior.In terms of rural pubs,in Benington there is The Lordship Arms a GBG regular but prone to close in the afternoon.

Welwyn Garden City is poor on the pub front,Old Welwyn is a bit better but for a rural choice you might like to try The Brocket Arms although the ale selection here is mainstream but it's in a lovely location.

Good luck with your weekend drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I have lived in the area for a few years,so I hope this helps. In the town of Hertford there is The Old Cross Tavern which is a CAMRA favourite and well worth a trip.Another pub in Hertford ,The White Horse, is a Fullers tied house and has an attractive ,traditional interior.In terms of rural pubs,in Benington there is The Lordship Arms a GBG regular but prone to close in the afternoon.

Welwyn Garden City is poor on the pub front,Old Welwyn is a bit better but for a rural choice you might like to try The Brocket Arms although the ale selection here is mainstream but it's in a lovely location.

Good luck with your weekend drinking
    Thanks for the info-we didn't actually go to Herts after all, but will do so fairly soon!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.