Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pub closures in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    You will get the chance - it reopens this weekend and the good news is that it is now being run by the woman who used to run the Hope in Carshalton, another excellent pub and quite similar in its approach to the Bull so hopefully, the pub looks to be in safe hands.
    That's great news - I love the Hope (I'll be heading down there next week to their 'Extreme Beers' Festival), so it sounds like they've got the right sort of person in to carry on the good work at the Bull. I'll add it back on my 'to do' list!

Teetotal

Smile Crown and Thistle Gravesend - please note we have been open since August 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by dpcoverdale View Post
    I am a journalist and am writing a feature this week on pub closures. The aim is to highlight the difficulties pub owners face ahead of the budget later this month. We may also do an online petition against the potential rise of beer duty.

As part of the feature, I am looking to find the names of pubs that have had to close so far this year.

I would really appreciate anyone writing here if they know of pubs that have had to shut down. If you know of the date they shut and their address that would be great as well.

Look forward to hearing from you all.
    We had to close for a few weeks following repossession and a court case against previous tenant, but now the original owner (owner at time of CAMRA award in 2003) is back in charge. We are offering a wide range of real ales and ciders, as well as excellent wines. You can order a Chinese or Indian takeaway to eat in at no surcharge. Come and enjoy a traditional Kentish pub, in existence as a pub since 1845!

Quote Originally Posted by Crown and Thistle View Post
    We had to close for a few weeks following repossession and a court case against previous tenant, but now the original owner (owner at time of CAMRA award in 2003) is back in charge. We are offering a wide range of real ales and ciders, as well as excellent wines. You can order a Chinese or Indian takeaway to eat in at no surcharge. Come and enjoy a traditional Kentish pub, in existence as a pub since 1845!
    That's good news - Look forward to popping back in! There's now a few decent pubs to be found in Gravesend and it's good to see the C&T back in the thick of it.