Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More phonery

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Maybe this site should plug it a bit more. I see that the best guesses are greyed out - which leads me to ask if we should be locating pubs even if they are in the correct position by default?

Also, if you do decide to revisit it maybe the blurb before launching could be a little more enticing. I think that mentioning corrections in the advertisement is probably not the best way to go. I'm sure a few of the wordsmiths on here could lend a hand!
    I will try and remember to have a look at the blurb. I really should check out the app in general to see what new options we have. We probably could plug it on the site better, but the best place would be the maps page, which is not currently being changed to avoid any feck ups.

As to the corrections, it is definitely worth correcting correct pubs, although you may wish to wait until I set up the summary page to show if the map point is correct, it is one of those things the original version of the page did and got lost when we upgraded it, I will try and get it back in at some point this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I will try and remember to have a look at the blurb. I really should check out the app in general to see what new options we have. We probably could plug it on the site better, but the best place would be the maps page, which is not currently being changed to avoid any feck ups.

As to the corrections, it is definitely worth correcting correct pubs, although you may wish to wait until I set up the summary page to show if the map point is correct, it is one of those things the original version of the page did and got lost when we upgraded it, I will try and get it back in at some point this week.
    I was playing with this last night - liked it

I had the same question as posed by Stringers, shall I adjust (however minutely0 all the 'best guess' pubs, even if they are pretty much spot-on already? Won't take me long to do Reading...but might take you a while to approve them all??

Administrator

If they are best guess we don't have to approve them. It only goes through an approval cycle if you move them dramatically or correct a correction.

I take it this won't work with a crappy Blackberry ?
    Waes hael!

Administrator

Nope just android and iPhone so far, some rumours of Windows Mobile getting it (as in Microsoft have said they will), but not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    If they are best guess we don't have to approve them. It only goes through an approval cycle if you move them dramatically or correct a correction.
    You might see a few of these coming through today then