Conrad,

Just to let you know about a couple of map points I have amended. The Old Dairy is at 1 Crouch Hill, which is the corner of Hanley Road. The Stapleton Tavern is on the other side of Crouch Hill at number 2, on the corner of Mount Pleasant Crescent. Both map points were previously too far up Crouch Hill, on the corners of Sparsholt Road and Japan Crescent respectively.

I only mention this because the Stapleton was previously corrected by Steve C, so you'll need to audit it. I've checked carefully on Google maps street view (where the pub appears as The Larrik, as it was when Steve C reviewed it last year), and the two pubs should definitely both be at the five-ways junction at the end of Stroud Green Road.

Incidentally, Google maps has The Old Dairy at the wrong place too, but the street view exposes their error!

By the way, I only came across these because I've been desperately trying to find a half-decent pub in this part of London (between Hornsey and Caledonian Road) where I can meet my brother for a drink on Monday night. We're both in London at the same time for only a few hours (he from France and me from Yorkshire). Steve C has reviewed a huge number of pubs around here and they're nearly all pretty dreadful! These two looked as though one or other might suit, so thanks for the reviews, Steve. If anyone's got any better ideas, all suggestions will be gratefully received (before 4pm Monday 28th February, please).

Cheers