Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Spoons Spring Festival

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Just had email notification that, as is their want, the Crosse Keys, Gracechurch Street, will be following the national 'spoons fest with their own 'Superfest 4'.

11-29 April, 200 beers from around the UK (presumably on rotation across the 24 pumps), £2.50 per pint.

I might just get past my annoyance at the lazy 4 (four!!!!) pumps they bothered to have on a few Saturdays ago, and have a look in!

It's been slow prgress for me so far - going to the IOW where there are only 2 'Spoons (and we didn't do either) hasn't helped and my first outing to the 2 local 'Spoons managed to tick off just 1 new festival beer. So far just managed 14 but for the most part I have been quite impressed with them, the Roosters Angry Yank IPA being the pick so far.

Off to St Albans tomorrow but with so many great pubs it is unlikely I will spend much time in either 'Spoons.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

That's a very clever Beer Fest tracking page,and I paid my first visit last night to a 'spoons in Hertford.Genuinely surprised at the reasonable quality of the ales I tried.Given that our pre Palace meet up is now a 'spoons in Croydon I will be ticking off some more on Saturday armed with my next quarter of vouchers which justifies my CAMRA subscription.
    However next week I doubt I will be anywhere near a 'spoons so I am not really going to be troubling the scorer this time around.

With only a couple of days to go to the end of the festival, according to the Beer Fest page the only beer that none of us have managed to try is Arundel Prize Fighter.

I wonder if it even turned up?
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 08-04-2011 at 10:52.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    With only a couple of days to go to the end of the festival. according to the Beer Fest page the only beer that none of us have managed to try is Arundel Prize Fighter.

I saw it in the Drapers Arms, Peterborough last Friday, but didn't give it a try. It is out threre somewhere...

Looks like I'm the only one who's found the Butcombe Mendip Spring so far and there are a few others with just the single sampling. There are a few regulars who don't appear to be ticking them off either by choice or don't know the listing is there!

I also managed to accidently ticked off the Daleside White Bier but can't reverse it so I am on the look out for that one to level things up.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post

I also managed to accidently ticked off the Daleside White Bier but can't reverse it so I am on the look out for that one to level things up.
    I found that last Saturday in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street Station and made it my BOTW.That probably not much help unless the manager has called in some replacement barrels.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I found that last Saturday in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street Station and made it my BOTW.That probably not much help unless the manager has called in some replacement barrels.
    It was still there last night.

Haven't been too active this festival to be honest. Seems to be a good number of dark beers, which is a bit unusual for a Spring festival. The Blackcurrent Porter was good, as was the Big City Jamaican Stout. Best so far is probably the Angry Yank IPA. Must have a look at that ticking tool.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    That should now be removed, wouldn't want to scare your Doctor .

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Must have a look at that ticking tool.
    One day I hope to make it a core part of the site rather than hidden away, long way off yet though, need to get the pubs working first.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    With only a couple of days to go to the end of the festival, according to the Beer Fest page the only beer that none of us have managed to try is Arundel Prize Fighter.

Looks Like these drinkers were lucky too find it. Not sure if I should post this link as its another beer site. http://pubsandbeer.co.uk/index.php?ID=BD&B=9819
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)