Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoons burgers 'n' beers

Spritzer Swallower

Default Wetherspoons burgers 'n' beers

Not sure of the attitude here to 'spoons, but I have a soft spot for them. Never had a bad pint or uncivil service, for instance. But I am annoyed by their 'berr and burger' offers and the like, where the only beer I can have is IPA [yeuch].

Has there ever been/could there ever be a campaign to get them to include their range of real ales in the deal, with the purchaser paying the excess? Seems bizarre not to promote their whole range in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ericonabike View Post
    Not sure of the attitude here to 'spoons, but I have a soft spot for them. Never had a bad pint or uncivil service, for instance. But I am annoyed by their 'berr and burger' offers and the like, where the only beer I can have is IPA [yeuch].

Has there ever been/could there ever be a campaign to get them to include their range of real ales in the deal, with the purchaser paying the excess? Seems bizarre not to promote their whole range in that way.
    I have never had a problem in any of the Spoons I use when asking for another guest Beer as a substitue instead of IPA.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

When I used to work in Camberley all of us lads that stayed in digs used to go to a Spoons every Tuesday for the curry club, which was worth the money or we wouldn't have returned every week. Curry and a pint for £3.95 if I remember correctly and the choice of pint was Fosters or the cheapest ale and I think the woman were catered for as a small glass of house white was also allowed. I used to drink Stella at the time and remember asking if I could pay the extra and I was not permitted to.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I've been told, on several occasions, that it is the beer that is on offer as part of a deal with the suppliers. Once or thrice I've managed to get something else and pay the extra, but only as a favour by the staff concerned. If I have a burger I always get the bottled water, simply because 'mrs rd' can take it down to the gym.........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I saw a letter someone got back from Wetherspoon saying it was down to the manager whether he allowed a guest ale to be served as an alternative to IPA. He carried it round with him and usually got his guest beer as a result. It made me ask if I could have a half of the guest instead of a pint of IPA, and I usually find they will let me have a pint of the guest beer - not always - but makes it worth asking.

Whenever I've asked I've always been offered any of the real ales rather than just the IPA/Ruddles. Although I've probably only had beer & a burger in 3 or 4 pubs.

The JDW I've been in a most times though has been known to have 6 taps and a choice of IPA, Ruddles and 4 'Coming Soons'.

Usually no problem, but some charge you a bit more though...

I've had more 'Spoons burgers, curries and grill nights than I can shake a at and never been refused a guest ale as part of the deal!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I have only ever had one Burger & pint in JDW, it ensured I will never repeated the experience

I tend to stick to the nachos and a pint of something I can use my CAMRA voucher on.

I have occasioanally asked for a pint of "Coming Soon", but they keep telling me there isn't any. When I ask why they bother advertising it on all their pumps if there isn't any, it just puts them into a flat spin. Childish, I know.