Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wetherspoons burgers 'n' beers

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    "Coming Soon".....When I ask why they bother advertising it on all their pumps if there isn't any......
    Information?...Seems logical to me. My beef is when they put those signs up simply because they haven't got round to shifting the empty barrel. You expect another barrel of the Beast but get Summer Haze or summat else silly..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Spritzer Swallower

So the message seems to be 'Ask and ye shall receive'. Now why didn't I think of that! I'll put it into practice next time I try a meal deal there. As an aside, last time I was at my local outlet I was surprised to see the staff wiping tables almost before folk had vacated them, and even hoovering around my feet! Turned out there was 'an inspection' due...but for a moment I thought I'd been transported to a Belgian bar, where the staff never stand idly by.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    I have occasioanally asked for a pint of "Coming Soon", but they keep telling me there isn't any. When I ask why they bother advertising it on all their pumps if there isn't any, it just puts them into a flat spin. Childish, I know.
    This should have a thread of it's own, let's name and shame the pubs and send it to Tim Martin. My local JDW in Watford often has the same three beers advertised as coming soon for three or four weeks
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Spritzer Swallower

The first brewer to brand a beer as Coming Soon would be on to a winner...

Quote Originally Posted by ericonabike View Post
    The first brewer to brand a beer as Coming Soon would be on to a winner...
    The previous "permanent pump clip" at McSpoons has already been parrodied several times, http://www.beermad.org.uk/cgi-bin/search.cgi and put "sorry not available" in the beer search box.......

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I have only ever had one Burger & pint in JDW, it ensured I will never repeated the experience
    http://www.brake.co.uk/food/the-list...s/default.aspx I expect. Pre cooked with the griddle stripes painted on. Ten seconds in the microwave and out it goes.

They used to keep their product range hidden. Now great fun can be had matching up the elaborately described dishes at you local Vintage Inn/Hungry Horse/JDW or whatever with their rather more mundanely described offerings.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 24-02-2011 at 10:42.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    This should have a thread of it's own, let's name and shame the pubs and send it to Tim Martin. My local JDW in Watford often has the same three beers advertised as coming soon for three or four weeks
    Very good point Millay,this drives me even more crazy than I am already and like you I suspect this is a ploy the con punters into thinking that the offending branch of JDW has some interesting ale.Pub annoyance # 834 thread as well.