Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro Pub

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    There are no rules for beer tickers but in general its the amount of different beers you try rather than the taste.Its nice when you get a obscure beer or brewery and the beer is good but even if its crap the thrill is in the chase.I would imagine with pub tickers(is that the correct title) its the same when you arrive at a new out of the way or a legendary pub.

I am not a pub ticker,but i do like visiting new pubs to me,i also get a buzz out of going to a new town i have never been to knowing that all of the pubs there are new to me.

I managed to get to the Nottingham beer festival,my 31st and i sat down except for getting drinks and lots of toilet visits,most people near me were beer tickers who seemed friendly enough,though one chap took an age to decide what half to get,it was more like military planning,he then got wet through going to the lower tent for one half,this ticking business must be serious,i would never have walked down there with it raining like that.

You should try the Nottingham beer festival some time,there were over 1,000 beer's on this year,,there should be a few new ones that you have not tried yet.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I am not a pub ticker,but i do like visiting new pubs to me,i also get a buzz out of going to a new town i have never been to knowing that all of the pubs there are new to me.

I managed to get to the Nottingham beer festival,my 31st and i sat down except for getting drinks and lots of toilet visits,most people near me were beer tickers who seemed friendly enough,though one chap took an age to decide what half to get,it was more like military planning,he then got wet through going to the lower tent for one half,this ticking business must be serious,i would never have walked down there with it raining like that.

You should try the Nottingham beer festival some time,there were over 1,000 beer's on this year,,there should be a few new ones that you have not tried yet.
    Its the best ticking fest in the country. I probably needed 50 + breweries and hundreds of beers.The problem now with ticking is you can get loads of beers in London so to travel to Nottingham is a big expense.Sometimes when you go to big fest its like shooting fish in a barrel too easy.The thrill to me is walking into a pub and finding a monster winner. cheers john

A new micro pub opened this week in Chesterfield

http://www.chesterfieldalehouse.co.uk/

The Kentish micropub phenomenon is starting to creep into the county's Greater London territory. In addition to CAMRA's Greater London POTY, The Door Hinge in Welling, and One Inn the Wood in Petts Wood, two more have emerged. The Penny Farthing opened in Crayford last week (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Penny...77562915621454) and The Broken Drum is scheduled to open any minute now in Blackfen (http://www.thebrokendrum.co.uk/).

The rest of Kent doesn't miss out though, with The Potting Shed also opening last week down in Hythe. Other micros are set to open in Gravesend (The Compass) and Eltham (The Long Pond).

Further afield, micro pubs have opened over the summer in Chorley, Swansea (the first in Wales), Shoreham, Berwick, Newcastle Under Lyme and Warwick among others.
    Last edited by Pubsignman; 16-09-2014 at 23:14.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Further afield, micro pubs have opened over the summer in Chorley, Swansea (the first in Wales), Shoreham, Berwick, Newcastle Under Lyme and Warwick among others.
    Although I've never visited a micro pub, I do find the concept fascinating. Would love to visit Great Ale Year Round in Bolton, a micro bar and real ale off-licence, housed in the indoor market. Just think of the pies you could get, to help the beer go down!

www.greataleonline.co.uk
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Would love to visit Great Ale Year Round in Bolton
    www.greataleonline.co.uk
    Oh, I've not heard of that one. I'm hoping to be in Bolton later this month, so this has now shot to the top of my 'to do' list. Thanks!

This Space For Hire

An acquaintance of mine has opened a micro pub in Worthing.As you would expect no music(I like music .it creates an atmosphere in a quiet pub but its a hard one to get right.No standing at the bar table service only.(I usually stand up in pubs).5 cask beers from around the country (none of the usual suspects so that's good) no keg beers as people who drink keg even craft wouldn't like to sit and chat presumably. Limited opening hours 11-14.30 and 17.00 -21-30 not open Mon.Sounds like a village pub in the 1940,s to me.Still horses for courses and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    An acquaintance of mine has opened a micro pub in Worthing.As you would expect no music(I like music .it creates an atmosphere in a quiet pub but its a hard one to get right.No standing at the bar table service only.(I usually stand up in pubs).5 cask beers from around the country (none of the usual suspects so that's good) no keg beers as people who drink keg even craft wouldn't like to sit and chat presumably. Limited opening hours 11-14.30 and 17.00 -21-30 not open Mon.Sounds like a village pub in the 1940,s to me.Still horses for courses and all that.
    sounds alright to me.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Default Should this one be added to PuG ?

Not strictly a Micropub but came across here at the weekend..

https://www.facebook.com/cheshambrewshop/info

Clearly primarily a shop but it positions itself as a "tasting bar and bottle shop"

and the about us section on the facebook page says
    "There is also to the option to buy Red Squirrel and guest beers straight from the cask (£2 per pint!) at our in store tasting bar for drinking in or taking away in 2 - 36 pint containers."

So the question is should it be added to PuG ?.. I vote for yes, but primarily because that will mean I will have to return with my carmera...
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde