Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    BF threw up an interesting point with his update for the Rake in Borough Market.
    He says that today it would be classed as a micropub but the owners don't make that claim. Should it be classed as a micropub? My instinct says no unless the owners decide to claim it as one but it doesn't help that I've never been there.
    This is a tricky one!
    It's certainly smaller inside than some members belonging to the Micropub Association.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

BF threw up an interesting point with his update for the Rake in Borough Market.
    He says that today it would be classed as a micropub but the owners don't make that claim. Should it be classed as a micropub? My instinct says no unless the owners decide to claim it as one but it doesn't help that I've never been there.
    This is a tricky one!

I just thought it had all the elements,

Didn't used to be a pub,conversion from a shop (bookshop ?)
    Small interior and serving bar.
    Focus on real ale
    Sign saying "No crap on keg"
    Most punters drinking either cask ,keg or bottled beers (including the many women customers)
    No flatscreens or gaming machines

However I take your point that the owners may not feel the term micro pub sits well with their vision of what they are offering,there were a lot more young men with beards than older CAMRA types with beards on my visit yesterday.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 22-03-2015 at 17:52.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Looked In there tonight but didn't need any of the 3 cask beers but they have about 8 keg beers so they fall at the first hurdle for micro pubs.Evil keg?Also they are open all hours which is not the micro pub concept.

Yes,it's "micro", but I think it is part of a larger business:beer wholesaling and the Tap East bar and microbrewery at Stratford,so not exactly a one man band.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Used to visit the Microbar around Lavender hill way but again would not make the list.Had some great beers in it though.

I'm sure that I'd heard that Banbury had a micro pub opening but having trawled the interweb, this thread, the micropub association list and PuG list I can't find any reference to one in Banbury.

Perhaps I'm going sealion but has anyone else heard of a micro pub in Banbury?

and another proposed, Newcastle upon Tyne this time,

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...ro-pub-8905128

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    and another proposed, Newcastle upon Tyne this time,

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...ro-pub-8905128
    Only an idiot journalist from the frozen North could come up with this ridiculous statement about a micropub :-

A application has been submitted to Newcastle City Council for a new boozer that looks to ape some of London’s trendiest breweries and bars.
    He can't even write proper as it should be AN application.

I'll stay on me own

Only an idiot journalist from the frozen North could come up with this ridiculous statement about a micropub :-

He can't even write proper as it should be AN application.
    Are yoe dilbaratly trieing to wind peple up North about bad spelling and caalling Leeds a Northern backwater and the north frorzon.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others