Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    There was an implication that pubs would only be listing on the association website if they have paid a fee and joined the association. I'm not sure if that is the case but I thought it would be nice to have a list that members here can use
    Given the number of outlets that look on the face of it to be genuine micropubs that are not on their list I can only think that is the case. I wonder if any current members will decide not to renew their subs. Will they remove them from the list? I did look at the signing up process and it said that for the £30 a year subscription they would receive a certificate and a place on the official list.

Just been looking at some of the data I've got handy, here are pubs that are describing themselves as micropubs but aren't listed. I know some have been mentioned and I'm not suggesting they should be listed - just sharing the information.
    Ye Olde White Lion Inn
    Cap & Collar
    The Bank Micropub
    The Barrel Drop
    The Devil's Advocate
    The Beer Shop
    They all seem plausible to me, although that is not based on an actual visit. The White Lion is an odd one as it appears to be a multi function venue but the real ale and cider section seems genuine enough.

Just been looking at some of the data I've got handy, here are pubs that are describing themselves as micropubs but aren't listed. I know some have been mentioned and I'm not suggesting they should be listed - just sharing the information.

Then there are these Twitter feeds of places I don't think we have listed yet
    https://twitter.com/arvonales
    https://twitter.com/TheBrokenDrum42
    https://twitter.com/TavernCrown
    https://twitter.com/TheWightBear
    https://twitter.com/lazylandlord2

And one from Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/cafemetrobilston
    I intend to add the Broken Drum in Blackfen when it announces a definite date unless someone does it before that.
    It looks like the one in Whyteleafe which had decided to become the Radius Arms to avoid confusion will be following fairly sonn after.

The Cafe Metro sounds to me like a standard Cafe / Bar rather than a micropub. They don't appear to be claiming to be a micropub.

The rest look like the genuine thing to me.

My only issue is Masons Microbar which has been mentioned above. It bills itself as a microbar rather than a micropub and appears to be a Sports Bar with a single real ale.

I bought access to the Micropub Association online forum for a tenner and it's useful stuff if your planning to open one. If I did open one, I don't know whether i'd sign up for the £30 accreditation, or even if i'd qualify. But I do like their definition, sounds reasonable enough and the kind of place i'd drink in. I've made the point to them though that the actual term Micropub might be too generic (although it's catchy and has served it's purpose in spreading the word).

Ye Olde White Lion Inn
    Cap & Collar
    The Bank Micropub
    The Barrel Drop
    The Devil's Advocate
    The Beer Shop

Stumble Inn
    The Cap & Collar is definitely a micro pub, I must write a proper review for it as it's excellent. The Fox up the road should qualify as a micro as well just on size but it sells some "craft" keg if we're being picky. Off the Tap is biggish but on reflection I'd say it's a micro pub as well due to what they sell and the decor/furnishings etc.

The local paper always calls the Devil's Advocate a micro pub along with the others in Middlesbrough, but I haven't been in it, ditto the Stumble Inn which I keep driving past but can't park in bloody Falsgrave Road.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that one. Now added to the list, making 114.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I like the Rat Race on Hartlepool Station. Great little place.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

BF threw up an interesting point with his update for the Rake in Borough Market.
    He says that today it would be classed as a micropub but the owners don't make that claim. Should it be classed as a micropub? My instinct says no unless the owners decide to claim it as one but it doesn't help that I've never been there.
    This is a tricky one!

Another one to add to the list.
    Cobblers, Cinderford
    Cobblers