Ads not shown when logged in
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The Micropub Association have finally released an update to their list, the first since March. There are only a few entries all of which are already listed here apart from the one in Kelso.
    Notable absentees are the Broken Drum in Blackfen which I was in on Saturday and the Radius Arms at Whyteleafe. I'm pretty sure there are other absentees from outside the London area. I wonder if those not listed are refusing to keep up the annual subscription as they have to pay that to be included on their list.
    Sounds the likely reason.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Ive just been looking through the Micro pub list,this pub http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/25052/is on the list, i am pretty sure this is not a micro pub.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Ive just been looking through the Micro pub list,this pub http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/25052/is on the list, i am pretty sure this is not a micro pub.
    I totally agree, I don't think they would ever claim to be one and if it were a micropub then so is the Southampton. I've changed it back at the risk of upsetting Tris C.
    There isn't a completely clear definition of what one actually is, just a set of guidelines. I've been to enough now to see that there are huge differences between them. Some are just off licences selling cask and bottles to drink on the premises while others are more like small pubs. Some sell keg ("Craft" only) and I think some sell limited spirits, probably not the mainstream stuff.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I totally agree, I don't think they would ever claim to be one and if it were a micropub then so is the Southampton. I've changed it back at the risk of upsetting Tris C.
    There isn't a completely clear definition of what one actually is, just a set of guidelines. I've been to enough now to see that there are huge differences between them. Some are just off licences selling cask and bottles to drink on the premises while others are more like small pubs. Some sell keg ("Craft" only) and I think some sell limited spirits, probably not the mainstream stuff.
    He probably meant a brewpub rather than a micropub.The fee to join the assoc is only £50 or so.I think a few people like the idea of a micropub but don't want to stick to the rules of no music,etc so wont bother joining.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    He probably meant a brewpub rather than a micropub.The fee to join the assoc is only £50 or so.I think a few people like the idea of a micropub but don't want to stick to the rules of no music,etc so wont bother joining.
    Last time I looked it was only £30.00. The Broken Drum in Blackfen is an archetypal micro pub. The Radius Arms is one I'm hoping to combine with a farewell visit to the Purley JDW. If it turns out not to be a standard micropub then I will be astonished.

Default Herne Bay to gain fifth Micropub

http://www.canterburytimes.co.uk/Mac...ail/story.html

This will surely make Herne Bay the Micropub Capital of the UK as well as it's spiritual home. I was told they hope to do some interesting gins and wines as wll as the usual ale and cider.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    This is the only one I've heard of. I was in Hanley on a Saturday afternoon last year but didn't really get much of an impression of the place. Maybe the owner is a miserable old git like me!!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The city centre was the wrong location? What an excuse for failure.

This Space For Hire

On a happier note we are getting 2 micropubs near me in Ealing this year.First in West London I think.One of them is going to brew their own beer.Can this be the start of the micropub/microbrewery concept or is it a brewery tap.