Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup 2011 Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Well all 9 of us have predicted the correct outcome for the first 5 games. And 5 of us have got the margin right for Englands win!

Of course I wasn't at all nervous half an hour ago that England might not even win
    I've just watched the highlights on Sky and I got the right result so eagerly logged into SG to witness my rise up the table… DOH!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Despite England having a bit of a wobble yesterday most games seem to have gone to form, so it’s probably going to be more about picking the winning margins than the winning team, especially during the group stages. Today I’m on Pakistan by 88 runs so will need Kenya to break the 200 mark, not sure they are capable of that unless the bookies have ordered a few no balls and wides

If anyone is interested there’s another cricket competition that Sportguru are running but they are not promoting it, and probably with good reason. It’s the ICC World Twenty/20 qualifying stages for the 2012 World Cup. First games are tomorrow in the ICC Africa 3rd Division and we kick off with Rwanda v Lesotho and Gambia v Morocco. The other teams are Mali and the Seychelles so this one really is guesswork

The competition runs throughout the year with competitions run by ICC Americas (Belize v Peru anyone?) and Asia Pacific where the Cook Islands will be taking on that proud cricketing nation Tonga. I signed up just for a bit of fun. As I said they are not promoting the competition but to find it go to the Homepage, sign in and click on the ‘XX Active Tournaments’ link below your name. Scroll down and at the bottom you should find a link with all the games you are not currently playing, it should be in there.

I know you are dying to know so I’ll tell you, Rwanda and Gambia to win tomorrow, both by either 40 runs or 5 wickets. The Mali v Seychelles game is a bit more difficult to call but I think Mali will just shade it by 15 runs or three wickets
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

England are making a bit of a meal of it against Ireland. They should have had it wrapped up ages ago, I've never seen so many dropped catches!

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Just got in the house and put it on - the last I saw Ireland were about 120-5 and way behind the run rate. Unbelievable, this.
    Last edited by Evil Gazebo; 02-03-2011 at 23:40.
    And you can really taste the hops!

If anybody predicted the Ireland result, I would eat my hat (if I had one)!

Absolutely incredible, just got home after being in Birmingham all day on a team meeting (dragged a couple of guys into the Wellington for a few) to find that England have lost to the Oirish amateurs.

On the way home I stopped off at my local Indian restaurant/bar and the 20 something waiter was reading out questions from a recent pub quiz he'd been to. The answer to one was Nelson Mandela, and he looked me ernestly in the eyes and said " Was Nelson Mandela in prison then?".

I'm not sure what I despair of most, today's youth or the England bowling attack !!
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Did the England coach make it through the night?????

The Bangladesh performance will take the spotlight off England - 58 all out!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    The Bangladesh performance will take the spotlight off England - 58 all out!
    With England 3 for 2 after the first over I fear we may be taking that spotlight back.

I was one of the loyal followers who went for an England win, not so sure now

15 for 3 now and I'm starting to regret getting up this early.

I reckon Hondo's pick of SA by 5 wickets is favourite.