Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: La Tasca (and other similar types)

Default La Tasca (and other similar types)

Now then, we have La Tasca (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/67135/) listed in Reading. It does have a bar of sorts, though I must admit that I couldn't imagine anyone going in there merely to drink?

Have we discussed the merits of having these places listed previously? Where does a bar offering food and a restaurant offering a small bar leave places like the one above? Just askin'....

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Now then, we have La Tasca (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/67135/) listed in Reading. It does have a bar of sorts, though I must admit that I couldn't imagine anyone going in there merely to drink?

Have we discussed the merits of having these places listed previously? Where does a bar offering food and a restaurant offering a small bar leave places like the one above? Just askin'....
    La Tasca's a difficult one as they're all different. The Manchester one has a bar area, seating outside for drinkers and a Salsa club downstairs. Others don't really cater for drinkers at all.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

It has certainly come up a few times, I couldn't think of what to search on (but settled on 'Tasca' , I have a feeling that Legion may be another good search term) and I think this was one of the more relevant threads.

Ultimately it is so hard to come up with a definition, who am I to judge if someone would go in somewhere just for a drink as long as they allow it. I would like to get category icons one day, but as I can't design for muck it kind of leaves that one as a low priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    It has certainly come up a few times, I couldn't think of what to search on (but settled on 'Tasca' , I have a feeling that Legion may be another good search term) and I think this was one of the more relevant threads.

Ultimately it is so hard to come up with a definition, who am I to judge if someone would go in somewhere just for a drink as long as they allow it. I would like to get category icons one day, but as I can't design for muck it kind of leaves that one as a low priority.
    Thanks Conrad, I think I'll take that comment as semi-official 'guidance'

The La Tasca in Reading is certainly more bar-like than others. I'll leave a comment there.