Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Some Lancaster corrections

Default Some Lancaster corrections

1. The Greaves Hotel has the wrong postcode. The full address is 142 Greaves Road, LANCASTER LA1 4UW. I have corrected the map point.

2. Another map point correction: Revolution, which used to be The Alexandra Hotel when I lived in Lancaster, is on the top corner of Penny Street where it meets Thurnham Street. The photo shows this clearly, including the constant traffic thundering past the building. The previous map point is half way down Penny Street (which is a quiet backwater by comparison) and therefore cannot be right. I understand my map point correction is to be reviewed, so I hope this information will help.

3. Merchants is listed as being on Market Street, which is where the entrance is. But this is misleading as it is part of a building which is actually on Castle Hill. Google maps lists it as 27 Castle Hill, Lancaster, LA1 1YN. (LA1 1HT is much further down Market Street where the old New Inn and Mitchells Brewery used to be.) I have corrected the map point.

4. The pub called The Pub at 45 China Street has been duplicated, one with a photo and incomplete address, the other with no photo but the correct address. Can you please update the address and remove the duplicate. (I previously reported this on 30/11/10 and you said you had merged the entries, but it seems not to have taken effect!)

Cheers
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 12-02-2011 at 18:01. Reason: reference to previous correction added
    Come On You Hatters!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi sheffield hatter,

We have corrected the postcode of The Greaves Hotel. Approved the Revolution correction (thanks for the explanation). With The Pub I will have been incompetent in some way, we have to correct each part of the address separately, so I am guessing I corrected one bit and missed the rest, thanks for pointing it out.

With Merchants, I take your point, but the address is intended as a postal address, the pictures and map point are intended for navigation. The address we have is the one that the Royal Mail have on their database, so I have left it for the moment.

Thanks for all those.