Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Link Inn, Sheffield no longer exists

Default Link Inn, Sheffield no longer exists

It appears that The Link Inn, 338 Hague Row, Sheffield S2 5SD no longer exists. In fact, the postcode no longer exists, according to Royal Mail, and Hague Row is not found on Google maps, so it seems to have been totally erased. Unless someone's got a photo of this pub, I suggest that deletion is the appropriate course of action.

Cheers
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Hi Conrad and Sheffield hatter,

I dont agree with deleting this pub i went in this pub with my wife on the 21 March 1987,the pub was set underneath the park hill flats and it was a two roomed Stones tied house and it sold real ale.
    Large parts of this area of Sheffield are being redeveloped with some flats being demolished and others tarted up for what they call better people to live in.
    I have got a photo of this pub but it is on the old 110 film so ime not able to put it on disc

have you got a paper copy of the photo? You could get it scanned onto a computer and uploaded to Pubs Galore. Or even the negative could probably be scanned.
    Come On You Hatters!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi, sheffield hatter, Alan,

I have gone with the compromise of marking it closed. The photo can be scanned, and would certainly be worthy (although scanning pictures can be quite low quality, easily good enough for us). If I remember rightly Alan is converting most of his negatives and that is where the pictures are coming from, but he was unable to get his 110 film negatives scanned.

Thanks for that.

Conrad,

The other pubs on this estate have gone the same way as The Link. They were The Earl George and The Parkway Tavern, so I have requested they be marked as closed too. There was a fourth pub on this estate, The Scottish Queen, but it seems that this has not been listed on PuG and I don't see any point in adding it (unless Alan has a photo?).

Cheers
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Hi Sheffield hatter,

Regarding the last three pubs you mentioned the only one i have been in is the Earl George this was a Tetley tied house and this was also set underneath flats but no photo so its up to yourself and Conrad what to do about these pubs.