Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Annoying Glass Design

Most annoying one Ive tried is the Yard of Ale glass it took me three attempts too drink it straight down without spilling any.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by ericonabike View Post
    Not sure about annoying, but the Leute Bok glass wins the prize for solving a non-existent problem: how to have a handleless glass with a pointed base that doesn't have to be held all the time...http://tinyurl.com/4ljhre2
    Incidentally, weren't the original Saxon drinking vessels designed so that they cou;dn't be set down, but rather drained at a draught? Sure I read that somewhere...
    The Leute Bokbier glass is a daft looking drinking vessel, I agree, but with its fine rim it actually makes certain beers taste better. Try a test with one of these and something more chunky (a Chimay glass, for example) side-by-side and see whether it makes a difference - you may be surprised...
    Last edited by rpadam; 09-02-2011 at 20:12.

Surely any pub forced to serve beer in plastic pint pots (strictly not a glass and so a bit off topic I know)

a) its naff
    b) the reason why they use plastic is probably due to violence among clientele
    c) the beer in those sorts of establishment is probably not worth drinking anyway

hence I never come across them these days as I avoid those places, but have horrid memories of them during my ill spent yoof

Carling glasses. Shatter into a thousand pieces when dropped from any height above 12 inches
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Empty ones
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Obviously no-one has ever had a Sangria session in Torremelinos using a Spanish Porron!

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Empty ones
    or one's containing short measures

Any glass that look like it'd make a good flower vase.........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Spritzer Swallower

...and talking of flower vases, the 'pint' Hoegardeen [excuse potential misspelling] takes some beating. So thick, it almost takes two hands to lift it. And that reminds me - was in a bar in Brussels onetime where all the beers were available in two litre glasses. Same design as the usual size, but it felt like you'd walked into a Brobdingnagian boozer.

This Space For Hire

I ordered a pint of Stella (didn't fancy Pride/GKIPA/Bombardier) in a newly branded (OK so it says so on the menus but looks like every other ex-Spirit pub in the area) Taylor-Walker establishment not from from Victoria. So it came in its designer vase with an inch of head on it. So I asked for a top up, which was declined, asked whether they would in that case take a nine pound note but didn't get a laugh or a top up, asked them to show me the 20oz line which I knew wasn't there and finally pointed out the existence of Westminster trading standards not 500 yards away. Still no joy. I gave in in the end and glugged down my £3.80 18 ounces of Eurofizz and dashed for the train.

Allegedly it is the policy of Punch taverns to sell Wifebeater in short measure and if an area manager caught them filling near the brim they'll get a rollicking.