Ads not shown when logged in

View Poll Results: I think the new site home page would be better served by:

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Making the page more arty, sod the new users, they should know what they are doing.

1 10.00%
  • Making the links high visibility, the more users helping the better the site.

8 80.00%
  • Are you mad, why aren't you at the pub enjoying an ale and preparing reviews?

1 10.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your site needs YOU

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Not really the correct thread, but the first I found regarding site layout/functionality so here goes...
    When looking at a list of forum topics the double down-arrow suggests 'go to first new post'; could you please advise the system logic behind that? I can't work out what post it actually picks up, and would think that going to last (most recent) post in a long thread would be more helpful, allowing a user to track back (if necessary).

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    It is your mission to build the perfect website, mine to have twigs (with lights on) removed from every pub;
    Couldn't leave this thread without asking what that mission is about SD...?

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    A Slater's Dizzy blonde...
    Isn't that Robinsons Dizzy Blonde? Slaters has blonde representation on the Top Totty pumpclip (on last night in t'Traf, funnily enough - I don't like it, summat about the brewery), but I don't recall them making a beer of that name?

I'll leave Soupy to explain his obsession(s) but this should help

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...or-Soupy/page2

and specially for Soupy

Attachment 129
    Last edited by oldboots; 20-01-2010 at 09:12.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    When looking at a list of forum topics the double down-arrow suggests 'go to first new post'; could you please advise the system logic behind that? I can't work out what post it actually picks up, and would think that going to last (most recent) post in a long thread would be more helpful, allowing a user to track back (if necessary).
    1) I have now found the PG 'technical' forum, where this should have been posted.
    2) I have now noticed the double right-arrow which does, indeed, take one to the last post.
    3) D'oh!!!
    4) Ah well, at least it threw me into the strange world of twigs, and dizzy blondes!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Isn't that Robinsons Dizzy Blonde? Slaters has blonde representation on the Top Totty pumpclip (on last night in t'Traf, funnily enough - I don't like it, summat about the brewery), but I don't recall them making a beer of that name?
    Beermad lists six beers called Dizzy Blonde, but none from Slaters (whose beers don't seem to like leaving Staffordshire I've found).

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I'll leave Soupy to explain his obsession(s) but this should help
    and specially for Soupy
    Attachment 129
    Ah, I'm starting to get it. My preferred style of drinkery would have burning logs/coals, rather than glowing (electric) twigs.