I’m watching Send in the Dogs on ITV and these dogs work bloody hard and have been trained well, there’s no way you could train a cat to do their job. You don’t get guide cats either! If I was buried in an avalanche in the Swiss Alps I wouldn’t want that horrible moggy that lives next door coming to my rescue. So why are cats regarded as being more intelligent? Is it because they act like chavs and lord it about without actually doing anything? Put a cat in a room with a dog and the dog wins! (No mention of lions and tigers please).

I didn’t just start this thread to get RD involved, I’d like to know if we have any cat lovers on here. If so why?

Also, has anyone been watching the excellent Human World series on BBC with the desert, sea and jungle survival tribes – sort of makes me ashamed to have the worries I do. I just watched the jungle one and a bloke climbed 40 metres up a tree using a piece of vine wrapped around the tree whilst being savagely attacked by the huge bee colony that he stole the honey from to give his wife and kids a sugar treat. I won’t walk to the shops if it is raining!

Sorry, bit of a random post but I’m lagging and I’ve lost the remote and that tw*t Jonathon Creek is on the TV! Never liked him and he looks like that bloke who thinks he’s funny.